Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme (ME)

CameronCl

Midshipman
Hi, Could anyone give me some advice regarding:

1. waiting time to commence HMS Raleigh part 1 training after completing Pre Royal Navy Course (PRNC).

How long is Professional training at HMS Sultan.

I have looked on RN main site but not much detail a blog/diary would be useful.

Many thanks.
Cameron.

Megan.

Midshipman
Hello, this reply might be a bit late. I am joining on the same one as you. I don't think there is a waiting time it would likely depend on the intake dates which I heard was November last year and maybe September this year. The professional training lasts for 2 years at HMS Sultan.

Megan.

Midshipman
Some of it is on the website, I went in for my interview earlier this week and spoke to them about it and they told me abit about intakes when I went in for the physcometric test. I asked if there was any waiting time in the interview because I knew there was for the diving one but engineering is very important to them.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
It would be less confusing if those that think they know didn't comment and left it up to those that actually know.
WannabeAdmiral I thought you were going for WannabeAB now?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The confusion probably arises about the length of training and what the individual thinks is training. A bit like ME Artificers, who were technically in training until they became CPO's after about 7 years cumulative service.

I must admit it is confusing and the problem is that from an AFCO perspective we are only primarily concerned with Initial training and the first element of branch training. Professional training thereafter during an individual's career depends how long they serve and what rank/rate they attain.

They are currently called Accelerated Apprentices (they've ditched the "Advanced" bit). You join as a probationary Leading Hand.

For ME's:

Initial Naval Training (used to be called basic or phase one) is ten weeks.
Phase Two (branch training) is the same as ET(ME) - 5 to 6 months at HMS Sultan
Leading Rates Qualifying Course (HMS Collingwood) - 2 weeks

You then consolidate your training afloat by completing a task book, followed by returning to HMS Sultan to complete Leading Engineering Technician Qualifying Course. Two years later, if you perform to the required standard, you become a Petty Officer. Technically you are in training until a Petty Officer.

Intakes are currently Sept & Jan, but will fluctuate depending on branch AE/ME/WE and requirement.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gematria GCSE Science - Advanced Apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: National College for Advanced Transport and Infrastructure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Oxfordshire Advanced Skills centre officially opened MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Innovation sought to integrate advanced materials onto military platforms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Advanced Vision for 2020 and Beyond: further 1-to-1s released MoD News 0
J Weapons engineer advanced apprentice Scheme Selection 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS The Challenge of Regulation in an Age of Advanced Automation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK advanced manufacturing gets boost with new investment in digital tech competition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK’s most advanced jets deploy overseas for the first time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Develop advanced materials with South Korea: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government moves forward on advanced trials for self-driving vehicles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A Joint Effort – Integrating Advanced Materials onto Military Platforms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Britain’s most advanced jets touch down on home soil MoD News 0
B Advanced Appenticeship M.E Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS News story: Suppliers invited to contribute to advanced materials consultation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: £260M job-sustaining contract for advanced identification system MoD News 0
D Advanced Nurse Practitioners in the Navy UPO/Careers Office 9
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy's newest sub test fires torpedo using £50 million UK-made advanced... MoD News 0
BFRS Advanced Wireless Technologies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS 3 Week Advanced Multi Trade Skills The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS Advanced Wireless Technologies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS News story: FCO concerned by Iran’s installation of advanced centrifuges MoD News 0
soleil "RN's Most Advanced Attack Submarine Readies for Sea Trials" Submariners 2
soleil Advanced Management Achievement Course The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
K Looking for an advanced FTP client software Bloody Computers 9
B Advanced pay Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
andym Advanced Windows care 2.5 Bloody Computers 0
snapdragon AIM Advanced Driving Diamond Lil's 14
W New user, advanced seamanship info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2021 date announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2020 open for entries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS APHA launches first plant health apprenticeship scheme MoD News 0
T preparation for RFA engineering apprenticeship RFA 24
J Navy to raf apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers league table launches MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Amanda Spielman at the Annual Apprenticeship Conference 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SLC celebrates Scottish Apprenticeship Week MoD News 0
M Seaman Apprenticeship length? RFA 10
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ themed National Apprenticeship Week (NAW2020) round up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2020 in the Foreign Office MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parents urged to look beyond apprenticeship misconceptions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2020 in ODP MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ with an apprenticeship this National Apprenticeship Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 national winners announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Get ‘Fired Up’ for National Apprenticeship Week 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ announced as the theme for National Apprenticeship Week 2020 MoD News 0
M Air Engineer Apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Apprenticeship at GAD - Mary's story MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DfE surpasses apprenticeship target two years in a row MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 regional winners announced MoD News 0