Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advanced Appenticeship M.E

Boca1235

Hello,
Currently i am at the medical stage of my initial joining process. I have been told i have to go for a second interview now. Does anyone happen to know what the second interview contains please. I am applying for an advanced apprenticeship in marine engineering.

Thanks

soleil

War Hero
Just as a starter, you should know where your training will take place, how long it will take and what it will include. Give examples of the ships on which you are likely to serve - what type are they, name a couple. What will the main duties of your job be? How much will your salary be?

Get a copy of Navy News from W H Smith, so that you can get up to speed with current RN deployments.

A lot of the interview will actually be about you, your education, jobs, family, hobbies etc.

Do you work well in a team? Are you fit, trustworthy, motivated?

What motivated you to apply to join the Royal Navy? What appealed to you about the ME apprenticeship?

There you go.

Boca1235

Hi soleil. I have done that first initial interview after the Recruits test. That covered all the above that you have spoke about. However i had to delay my medical for three weeks. Spoke to my afco today to recommence the process, he then told me i had to attend a further interview specifically about engineering as the AA scheme is a big wage. The second interview is what i am in the grey about so trying to find more information out about it. Thanks for your reply though

Subaru9

Midshipman
It'll be more your knowledge on engineering, if you qualify for the engineering role you should have a bit of technical knowledge... Which they'll test you on and make sure you're up to scratch for the aib etc...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS UK and Australia collaborate to accelerate advanced materials integration MoD News 0
R Engineering officer or engineering advanced apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS UK secures vital rollover trade deal with Canada and agrees to start negotiating more advanced deal next year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Transition period: letter to the advanced manufacturing sector MoD News 0
Gematria GCSE Science - Advanced Apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: National College for Advanced Transport and Infrastructure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Oxfordshire Advanced Skills centre officially opened MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Innovation sought to integrate advanced materials onto military platforms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Advanced Vision for 2020 and Beyond: further 1-to-1s released MoD News 0
J Weapons engineer advanced apprentice Scheme Selection 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS The Challenge of Regulation in an Age of Advanced Automation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK advanced manufacturing gets boost with new investment in digital tech competition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK’s most advanced jets deploy overseas for the first time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Develop advanced materials with South Korea: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government moves forward on advanced trials for self-driving vehicles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A Joint Effort – Integrating Advanced Materials onto Military Platforms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Britain’s most advanced jets touch down on home soil MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Suppliers invited to contribute to advanced materials consultation MoD News 0
C Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme (ME) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
MoD_RSS News story: £260M job-sustaining contract for advanced identification system MoD News 0
D Advanced Nurse Practitioners in the Navy UPO/Careers Office 9
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy's newest sub test fires torpedo using £50 million UK-made advanced... MoD News 0
BFRS Advanced Wireless Technologies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS 3 Week Advanced Multi Trade Skills The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS Advanced Wireless Technologies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS News story: FCO concerned by Iran’s installation of advanced centrifuges MoD News 0
soleil "RN's Most Advanced Attack Submarine Readies for Sea Trials" Submariners 2
soleil Advanced Management Achievement Course The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
K Looking for an advanced FTP client software Bloody Computers 9
B Advanced pay Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
andym Advanced Windows care 2.5 Bloody Computers 0
snapdragon AIM Advanced Driving Diamond Lil's 14
W New user, advanced seamanship info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8