Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adult Numeracy and Literacy

daffy1

War Hero
Just wondering as i am getting ready to rejoin, i dont have my GCSEs and i really dont have the time to do them, does the armed forces accept Adult Numeracy and Literacy quals as they are equal to GCSE standard. Also has anyone done them and how long does it take. ?

Why did you leave? FFS, what has happenened to the Navy that I have loved all of my life? Ninja Stoker tells us that they are leaving in droves, so why the fukc would you want to go back?

You don`t sign on for long enough any more that`s the problem. But, what the fukc do I know?.

daffy1

War Hero
Actually i was in the marines, did 8 years, and had enough of going to the Middle east every 18 months so i decided to leave, got my self a well paid job but did not enjoy it if you know what i mean, and cause i have been on both sides, i did not realise how much i miss it. So decided i wont mind getting a decent trade in the Navy (and yes this is common amonst marines to go to other forces)

Scarface2009

Lantern Swinger
If you are going in as a rating you dont need qualifications to join, however you do need to pass a recruitment test, the more technical your branch of choice is the higher score you would need.

daffy1

War Hero
I mean do they accept the above mentioned as oppose to GCSE as i am aiming for something that requires Maths and English

soleil

War Hero
May I ask what you are applying to do? It's just that there are a couple of RN Careers Advisors on this forum who will give you the latest advice, if they know what you are applying for.

daffy1 said:
Just wondering as i am getting ready to rejoin, i dont have my GCSEs and i really dont have the time to do them, does the armed forces accept Adult Numeracy and Literacy quals as they are equal to GCSE standard. Also has anyone done them and how long does it take. ?

Hi Daffy,

Firstly what job are you looking at joining? The majority of RN jobs do not require formal qualifications. I don't think that we do accept Adult numeracy and Literacy vice GCSE's. I will have a dig around and see for you.

Have you already applied to re-join? If not it would be worth going in to the careers office so that they can get your previous service Doc's. These will be required to be able to process you for the RN.

Hope this helps

regards

Supermario

:)

PS

This is a list of the Alternatives that are accepted/not accepted by the RN:-

0221. Alternatives to Grade C GCSE Mathematics and English

* denotes - DO NOT ACCEPT

MATHEMATICS SCE Ordinary Grade: A, B, C
SCE Standard Grade: 1, 2, 3
Irish Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level;
A, B, C
For Maths equivalence a candidate must
present a full Mathematics level NII unit
passed at a minimum of Merit level or a
pass at the Higher level (indicated on
certificates as NIII or H).
GCSE/SCE pass in Statistics
Relevant Open University Credits.

* CSE Grade 1 in Applied Mathematics
* SCE pass in Arithmetic
* CSE Grade 1 in Arithmetic
* Application Of Numbers' Key Skills
* GCSE pass in Computer Studies

ENGLISH LANGUAGE
A pass in a full unit of General and
Communications studies at BTEC NC,
ND, HNC or HND.
Irish Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level;
A, B, C
SCE Ordinary Grade: A, B, C
SCE Standard Grade: 1, 2, 3

* Pass in CSE English and Business Communication
* A compensatory award in SCE H grade English
* 'Communications' Key Skills

daffy1

War Hero
One of the reasons i asked was that when i was serving in the marines my NAMET/ LATERN score was ok i guess but not the best, so i was thinking of doing the above mentioned to get my namet score to 0,0.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Chief nurse for adult social care to provide clinical leadership during winter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Designated premises scheme: letter to directors of adult social services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Adult social care winter plan: letter from Minister for Care to local authorities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 infection rises: letter to care providers from Director of Adult Social Care Delivery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New award scheme shines spotlight on Cadet Force adult volunteers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Adult personal social services: revenue funding 2020 to 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Adult education budget: S31 grant determination letters 2020 to 2021 MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Adult social care recruitment care campaign launched to boost workforce MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National action plan to further support adult social care sector  MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New adult social care guidance to protect the most vulnerable against COVID-19 MoD News 0
soleil Island Echo: "Ryde's Sea Cadets Looking For New Adult Leaders" SCC and URNU 0
MoD_RSS Next phase of adult social care recruitment campaign begins MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Adult retraining scheme rolled out to new regions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Innovative adult retraining scheme rolled out further MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Devolution of the adult education budget effective from 1 August 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Digital technology for adult social care: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: 2018 to 2019 adult education budget and 19-24 traineeships funding over delivery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Continued increased flexibility for learners in receipt of low wage, Adult Education Budget (AEB) 2019 to 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New campaign to recruit thousands more adult social care staff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ESFA funded adult education budget 2019 to 2020 illustrative allocations issued MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Amanda Spielman at the National Children and Adult Services (NCAS) Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Amanda Spielman at the National Children and Adult Services (NCAS) Conference MoD News 0
J Naval Nurse Adult (Student) Selection Board - a review Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
northern-matelot Cadet Force Adult Volunteer Commission. SCC and URNU 43
Stirlin Adult Advent/Bachelor Do/Hen Party/Pub Crawl Route. Diamond Lil's 44
nelsons_blood Adult Jokes... Enjoy Blue Jokes 4
babystew my resignation as an adult Diamond Lil's 12
P TOP FOUR ADULT JOKES The Quarterdeck 0
C Adult Instructors SCC and URNU 23
MoD_RSS News story: Ways improving your numeracy skills has become easier MoD News 0
mayabear Numeracy test Joining the Royal Navy 21
P Numeracy for AIB. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
soleil BIS - Forces Recruits Have Career Prospects Boosted By Literacy/Numeracy Training Current Affairs 1
L Numeracy and the dreaded AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Society-wide mission to tackle early literacy and communication MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Boost for national mission to improve early literacy and language MoD News 0