Admiral West of New Labour

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Sep 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whether or not he served with distinction in an irrelevance; buffoon with stoat round his neck now springs to mind.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. LOL... Thatcher would have stood up and clapped.

But instead.

3. Finks,

His remarks were 'undiplomatic' and he gets shafted.

Had he been more 'PC' then he would have been accused of using weasily words befitting of your 'stoat'.

Poor fellow is on to a loser either way but I prefer his 'undiplomatic' approach, much nearer the stark truth in this case.
  4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Who sups with the devil must use a long spoon. The pix of him parading outside 10 Downing St begging people to vote for Gordon Brown finished him for me, ex-1SL or not. Not that he will lose sleep over that.
  5. Anyone who had anything to do with that muppet Brown, needs their bumps feeling!
  6. Fcuk all wrong with Belgium ; I had a night of wild savage and rampant sex in Antwerp. And I didn't finish up in Rose Cottage!!
  7. Got to love Officers.......
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

So, did you ever serve with Alan West, Joolz..?
  9. No but i was present when he became 1SL, but i agree with him.
  10. Wiki:

<<...West was appointed as First Sea Lord and Chief of the Naval Staff in September 2002...>>

If your 'present' meant 'serving at the time' then your length of service should add some value to your RR Posts.

I'm intrigued and at some loss to wonder whyever not; particularly as much seems to 'grind your gears' and is often a 'joke'.

Re your Signature - 'Time waited for your 2nd Op'.

Is that 2nd Op. to remove the remainder of your foot from your mouth, perchance? They do seem to have left rather a lot remaining after your first operation.

Back on Topic - I agreed with him too, at my earlier post, but it now concerns me that we have something in common...
  11. He must have been present as a civvie as he only joined in 2003......
  12. He spent his time in the mob when we had a navy, now the poor deluded fool doesnt realise we are a second tier power, and only retain our place at the security council due to 4 bombers.
  13. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Our permanent seat on the UN Security Council has nothing to do with our nuclear power status. After all, four of the five permanent members were still years away from such status when we got our seats. We have, along with the US something else in common. Can you tell what it is yet?

As for Admiral West's remarks, I haven't thought them worthy of analysis. Cromagnus on the otherhand................
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Seadog IMO if we succumb to the great european misadventure France and ourselves will lose our seats to the United States of Europe.
  15. With third tier crew.