Admiral Sir Tony Radakin to be next Chief of the Defence Staff

Excellent news in the Telegraph if true.

Exclusive: Navy chief Tony Radakin to be next head of the Armed Forces

First Sea Lord is the first Navy officer to be appointed head of Britain's military since 2001

The First Sea Lord and Chief of the Naval Staff has been selected by the Prime Minister as the next head of the Armed Forces, The Telegraph can reveal.

Admiral Sir Tony Radakin will take over from General Sir Nick Carter as Chief of the Defence Staff, making him the first military chief to come from the Navy since Admiral Sir Michael Boyce in 2001.

Sources close to General Sir Patrick Sanders, who was seen as the First Sea Lord’s biggest threat to securing the role and believed to be the Ministry of Defence’s recommendation for the position, confirmed he had not been successful in the race.

They added that he was “relaxed” about the decision.

Downing Street is expected on Thursday to formally announce Boris Johnson's choice of defence chief...

Last edited:
That will have @Tex choking on his Werthers!
OIP.VV-xM8x_xMyK8_LVTs4DywAAAA

D

Deleted 110231

That will have @Tex choking on his Werthers!
The start of things to come.---The British Army recently announced it is forming a new 'Ranger Regiment', which will be at the heart of a Special Operations Brigade.

The thousand-strong Ranger Regiment will be established by August 2021, and will be "open to anybody in the Armed Forces", according to the Chief of the Defence Staff

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The start of things to come.---The British Army recently announced it is forming a new 'Ranger Regiment', which will be at the heart of a Special Operations Brigade.

The thousand-strong Ranger Regiment will be established by August 2021, and will be "open to anybody in the Armed Forces", according to the Chief of the Defence Staff
Links?

Drakey

War Hero

They're late.

D

Deleted 110231

The UK fields what it regards as ‘Tier 1’ special forces (SF) including the army’s Special Air Service (SAS) and Special Reconnaissance Regiments and the Royal Navy’s Special Boat Service (SBS), made up chiefly of Royal Marines. Indeed, these forces are considered to be highly valued by the UK’s allies and partners, not least the United States, and to be respected by adversaries. Since 1987, they have operated in a joint special forces formation.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The UK fields what it regards as ‘Tier 1’ special forces (SF) including the army’s Special Air Service (SAS) and Special Reconnaissance Regiments and the Royal Navy’s Special Boat Service (SBS), made up chiefly of Royal Marines. Indeed, these forces are considered to be highly valued by the UK’s allies and partners, not least the United States, and to be respected by adversaries. Since 1987, they have operated in a joint special forces formation.
I think all serving and ex forces are aware of our SF set up, which is now open to all.

Instead of stating the obvious, why don't you post a link to the Army Ranger Regiment set up you quoted, which sounds far too Septic to me.

D

Deleted 110231

I think all serving and ex forces are aware of our SF set up, which is now open to all.

Instead of stating the obvious, why don't you post a link to the Army Ranger Regiment set up you quoted, which sounds far too Septic to me.
I'm sorry you were sceptic at being septic but you must know that Naval Officers and others succeed by remarking on the bleedin' obvious. You must have practised it,
It is difficult for all of us to swallow, but it's inevitable that things aren't going to be what they used to be-That you and I enjoyed--Well some of the time.
Comrade Radakin (It is a Russian name) sees the writing on the wall -as I do- but you reluctantly do not.
Let's leave it there before we further cross swords.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I'm sorry you were sceptic at being septic but you must know that Naval Officers and others succeed by remarking on the bleedin' obvious. You must have practised it,
It is difficult for all of us to swallow, but it's inevitable that things aren't going to be what they used to be-That you and I enjoyed--Well some of the time.
Comrade Radakin (It is a Russian name) sees the writing on the wall -as I do- but you reluctantly do not.
Let's leave it there before we further cross swords.
There is no writing on the wall apart from in your own mind, where's the link to this alleged Ranger Regiment?

Latest Threads