Admiral Resigns over Carrier delay & reduction of the fleet

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by 5dits, Dec 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No wait, sorry a pig has just flown past the office window.

2. Re: Admiral Resigns over Carrier delay & reduction of the fl

barsteward 5 dits..ya almost got me

3. Re: Admiral Resigns over Carrier delay & reduction of the fl

Me too... had me all excited and everything.

4. haha

5. Re: Admiral Resigns over Carrier delay & reduction of the fl

TRue……

Bandy is a wet lettuce… Talks tough but always caves in when it's time to stand up and be counted.

I sometimes wonder if they should rename Fleet HQ 'Nero Mansions' as they are all busily fiddling while the Navy's ambitions burn…

6. Wot, it's not true? o_O

7. Re: Admiral Resigns over Carrier delay & reduction of the fl

8. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Re: Admiral Resigns over Carrier delay & reduction of the fl

Yeah, because everyone who works there has nothing to do, swans in at 10, has a lazy lunch then retires at 3........

Someone clearly hasn't/doesn't work there.

9. Re: Admiral Resigns over Carrier delay & reduction of the fl

And before someone jumps in and states why should they,

many Army and Marine high up officers have made it public knowledge that their teams are not being supported and so leave.

However the effect of their actions is just another spin story from the 'making it up as they go' MOD and goverment

So if I return to my first statement, if they did would it make a difference, answer NO.

Then again at least someone would then get promoted, because there is no way there would be a gap like elsewhere in the services and that would keep Norman happy LOL

10. wave_dodger

I agree, you have to be at the table to have a voice - feck all use dripping from outside. The best we can ask for are the new Seniors to get more vocal and develop stronger and more articulate cases for a Naval Service capability.

11. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

The last time a carrier was cancelled, 1SL resigned, there was a photo-op in Trafalgar Square with brolly and bowler, ... and ... the water just closed over the top. Had no effect whatsoever. Except presumably sigh of relief among the politicians, that's that stirrer out of the way.

12. Re: Admiral Resigns over Carrier delay & reduction of the fl

Wanna guess what was the most pressing thing on CinC Fleets mind yesterday morning?

It wasn't carriers…

13. Re: Admiral Resigns over Carrier delay & reduction of the fl

If you want us to guess, I would say which ship to visit to buy the wife her xmas prezzies, must be a ship in Dubai.

14. http://navy-matters.beedall.com/cva01.htm

15. wave_dodger

Not really, you going to tell us what you think, stun us with 4* insight? or merely suggest he was more interested in his toast?

Do I really think you have the ear of the next 1SL or are just going to waffle....I'll go with the latter!

16. Re: Admiral Resigns over Carrier delay & reduction of the fl

Never said I had his ear, just that I knew what the most pressing thing on his agenda was that morning and it wasn't war canoes.

17. wave_dodger

I suspect it was things very closely related and our younger cousins intentions ^~

18. Re: Admiral Resigns over Carrier delay & reduction of the fl

The only time they ever come off the fence is once they've retired got the big pension and promote their memoirs. I can say things like that now I've got the fcuk out. As ever matelots and Bootnecks - lions led by donkeys.