Admiral Abramovich has Yacht longer than any RN vessel

Could Abramovich's fleet exceed the size of the RN by 2020?

• I bloody hope not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am just the 1SL, what do I know of these things

• Sod off, I own a bigger Fleet

• Total voters
And, surprise surprise, he gets then to be built reasonably cheaply as well. But then I suppose he doesn't have to go through the MoD and Procurement... I suppose though, if a push came to a shove, we could always possibly claim them as STUFT, depending upon their flags.
:twisted: :roll:

PNG

Now there's an idea!

To make significant savings and pass the risk on (where have we heard that before?), how about we let Mr Chelski take over the RN?

He's got the money, he's pretty ruthless and at least his fleet will be serviceable.

The downside, however, will be that he'll bring in European personnel to run the RN and we'll all be out of a job!

Seadog

War Hero
From the article.

Laid end-to end, the eight ships in the navy of the Irish republic, not counting auxiliary vessels, stretch to 1,832ft. The billionaire’s yachts are a combined 1739ft.

At 550ft, Eclipse is longer than any destroyer or frigate in the Royal Navy.
And so? Why is this significant? LOA or at the waterline? The article compares apples and oranges. Can the gin palaces do thirty knots, sink a submerged submarine, shoot down a hostile aircraft, provide NGS? Do the shorter frigates have a swimming pool? Journalism in one of its lowest forms.

Seadog said:
From the article.

Laid end-to end, the eight ships in the navy of the Irish republic, not counting auxiliary vessels, stretch to 1,832ft. The billionaire’s yachts are a combined 1739ft.

At 550ft, Eclipse is longer than any destroyer or frigate in the Royal Navy.
And so? Why is this significant? LOA or at the waterline? The article compares apples and oranges. Can the gin palaces do thirty knots, sink a submerged submarine, shoot down a hostile aircraft, provide NGS? Do the shorter frigates have a swimming pool? Journalism in one of its lowest forms.
Why don't all pusser's war canoes have swimming pools? :wink: :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil The Fleet 2
soleil The Fleet 6
J The Quarterdeck 1