Admiral Abramovich has Yacht longer than any RN vessel

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Always_a_Civvy, Jan 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I fear so

2. I bloody hope not

0 vote(s)
  3. I am just the 1SL, what do I know of these things

0 vote(s)
  4. Sod off, I own a bigger Fleet

0 vote(s)
  1. And, surprise surprise, he gets then to be built reasonably cheaply as well. But then I suppose he doesn't have to go through the MoD and Procurement... I suppose though, if a push came to a shove, we could always possibly claim them as STUFT, depending upon their flags.
    :twisted: :roll:

2. My kids have more ships in their BATH than we've got these days :D
  3. Now there's an idea!

To make significant savings and pass the risk on (where have we heard that before?), how about we let Mr Chelski take over the RN?

He's got the money, he's pretty ruthless and at least his fleet will be serviceable.

The downside, however, will be that he'll bring in European personnel to run the RN and we'll all be out of a job!
  4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

From the article.

And so? Why is this significant? LOA or at the waterline? The article compares apples and oranges. Can the gin palaces do thirty knots, sink a submerged submarine, shoot down a hostile aircraft, provide NGS? Do the shorter frigates have a swimming pool? Journalism in one of its lowest forms.
  5. Wonder if he needs an MA on his new ship?
  6. Why don't all pusser's war canoes have swimming pools? :wink: :lol:
  7. If you find one that has a pool, I think you will find that is in fact 'cos the ship has spung a leak.
  8. Wot Andy yer fancy yerself as a Master at Arms?

9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Re: Abramovich has Yacht longer than any RN vessel

Getting back on topic. B&V may be guarded about projects but the Naval Architect isn't.

'Eclipse' aka Project M147

No he doesn't Steve. Ark, Illustrious, Ocean , Albion and Bulwark are all longer than RA's gin palace.