Add your HMS Raleigh basic training join up date!

Which month have you been given your joining date for?

• Oct 2007

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nov 2007

• Dec 2007

• Jan 2008

• Feb 2008

• March 2008

• April 2008

• May 2008

• June 2008/July 2008/Aug 2008

• Total voters

leic

Midshipman
hi Scale i'm 31 and looking forward to Raleigh, going in as SEA, seems more late 20's and early 30's are going in... should be good, why did you choose ETME SM?

scale

I like using my hands and fixing things. And i heard subs have a more stable home life (prob not true). After reading through this forum I to feel more older then norm people are joining, but maybe it just younger people arn't bothering to research so there not posting here. What made you go for SEA?

leic

Midshipman
I felt at the time of making my selection that some trades had long waiting times and to be honest I just wanted to get in, at the moment I feel I made the right choice I don't think I could have waited another 6 months to get in, was told that at a later date it might be ok to change but thats way down the line SEA sounds and looks just the type of thing for me fingers crossed...don't think i could manage being in a sub but i have respect for you guys...seems an awsome job tho

scale

I think for subs there was a shorter waiting list. I did my PT 23rd feb and iterview/medical/PJFT 2 weeks later, another 2 weeks later got my briefing date and joining date. So from start to finish took about 11 weeks. A downside to what i picked is there is a long training phase, 1, 2 and 3 all together its 18 months.

leic

Midshipman
So what took you 11 weeks took me an entire 1 year 1 month...lol...never mind were both nearly there now, thats a long training timetable. I was on a RNAC with a diver what a great swimmer, so i take it your good or is that a silly question...if you are any tips for treading water im ok but all tips would be most helpful?

Matzu9

Badgeman
I find if you make slow movements you use less energy meaning when it comes to the swim you have some extra energy to use... Try it, slow and steady wins the race!

leic

Midshipman
thanks for the advice Matzu9...what are you going in as? i think i read something you put on here the other day as to waiting times?

Matzu9

Badgeman
yes I'm going in as a ET(ME), I finished the recruiting process in February and I am still waiting for my start date? Is this normal? What are you applying for?

leic

Midshipman
I'm going in as Sea Spec, it took me 1 year 1 month by the time I go Raleigh even tho I was always on the phone to my AFCO i had a problem with my medical which took up an entire 2 months so maybe that was why it took me so long...best thing for you to do is if you have not been on the RNAC talk to your AFCO and find out if there are any ship visits you can go on and if there is a RNAC you can go on I think these are nearly compulsory to do and to keep on at them about your dates...waiting times are and can be a long haul, hang in there...keep me posted. Where a you from? area?

scale

Hi there Matzu9, having read around this site i have found that alot of people are saying the same, it taking a long time. Try phoning your AFCO and tell them your ready to start and only need 2 weeks notice. They may put you onto a cancelation list.