Activist loses court race appeal

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by slim, Mar 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

how refreshing for once.

2. It's about time that it was shown that rascism works both ways. Any time you hear about rascism in the media it is whites dishing it out. Maybe it is because we are thicker skinned and don't have inferiority complexes that you don't hear about it the other way round as much.

Rascism is a nasty thing whomever is on the end of it, there is a fine line between playful banter and abuse.

3. Ridiculous though that such an incident would get to court - it is PC - in both directions - gone mad.

4. Bloody hell, that bloke didn't have a chip on his shoulder, he had the whole bloody bag of spuds didn't he?

As for minority officers patrolling in his area, minority officers in uniform are often offensively referred to as "choc-ices" and "coconuts" meaning black on the outside, white on the inside.

Also begs the question, if he is the one who released the film of the cop punching that drunk woman last week, who owned the tapes and did he have authority to release/distribute the tape - and also did he do it with a view to intending to stir up racial hatred?

Very dangerous subject area to get discussed via a thread through fear (paranoia) of being misconstrued for being racist. I don't agree with any form of racism, irrespecitve of who makes it or who it is against.

5. I wonder if when he is next interviewed by the media for his stand against racism will he be reminded that he is in fact a convicted RACIST. :evil:

6. Just have to say that I am struggling with this one.

If a white guy tells a black guy to get back to a shitty part of town, the implication being that because he is black then that is where he belongs, then that is racism. A black guy suggesting that 2 white guys should return to a nice part of town where the population is predominately white is racist in what way?

I just can't see it and, rather than in some way redressing any balance, this case can only have done harm to community relations in the area and to race relations in general.

7. Harry you answered your own question. It is against the law to use a persons colour or ethnicity. The area does not enter into it. It may be construed that he was warning the white people to keep away from a black area.

8. I suspect that he will simply say that his conviction was proof of the endemic racism in our society, such people never change.