Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Action Working Dress

Skipperino

Badgeman
Nope, a RN captain holds the position of Captain Sea cadets. The highest rank an actual SCC officer can be is commander, plus the SCC officers don’t wear shoulder tabs as they have wavy rings. (Though Admiral of the sea cadets is Prince Andrew!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neggers cheggers, Prince Andrew was quietly chucked after the recent ahem... Epstein kerfuffle, with the result that the position of Admiral of the Corps is currently vacant, which is a shame IMO.

There are also 'Honorary Commodores' within the SCC -the last one appointed was the entrepreneur Jack Petchey, who has donated plenty of wonga to the corps over the years. Not a substantive thing as far as I know, so there'd be no uniform or rank insignia associated with it.

SCC officers do wear the soft shoulder tabs incidentally, as well as the hard shoulderboards, with of course their own 'wavy navy' rank lace. Warrant officers and senior rates have the same as their RN equivalents on the soft shoulder tabs, with 'SCC' underneath.

Intrigued as to how the revised RNPCS is going to play out: almost seems as if they needn't have bothered, the new design is almost exactly the same as the last issued version of AWD!

Neggers cheggers, Prince Andrew was quietly chucked after the recent ahem... Epstein kerfuffle, with the result that the position of Admiral of the Corps is currently vacant, which is a shame IMO.

There are also 'Honorary Commodores' within the SCC -the last one appointed was the entrepreneur Jack Petchey, who has donated plenty of wonga to the corps over the years. Not a substantive thing as far as I know, so there'd be no uniform or rank insignia associated with it.

SCC officers do wear the soft shoulder tabs incidentally, as well as the hard shoulderboards, with of course their own 'wavy navy' rank lace. Warrant officers and senior rates have the same as their RN equivalents on the soft shoulder tabs, with 'SCC' underneath.

Intrigued as to how the revised RNPCS is going to play out: almost seems as if they needn't have bothered, the new design is almost exactly the same as the last issued version of AWD!

Cheers for some of the info skips, most I know though as I’m SCC too (didn realise Randy Andy had been binned though).

To be honest with the face we’ve had RNPCS for 5 years and are now changing over, it’ll be atleast another 5-6 years before the corps gets a look in. In the meanwhile, there’s still plenty of 8’s shirts floating about and at least the cadets will look a little more similar to us now we’re going back to shirts with shoulder slides.

To be fair, anything has got to be better that the old 8's/4's?

Cant see why the RN doesn't adopt a Navy Blue version of what the Army Wear (not sure what's its called?) and the crabs a pinkish version.

That’s what we currently have and are getting rid of. The crabs mostly wear MTP same as the Army these days.

Last edited:

Alfacharlie

War Hero
To be fair, anything has got to be better that the old 8's/4's?

Cant see why the RN doesn't adopt a Navy Blue version of what the Army Wear (not sure what's its called?) and the crabs a pinkish version.
I liked the old 8’s, personally.
And the Red Sea Rig. Not the tropical version though, gay.

I liked the old 8’s, personally.
And the Red Sea Rig. Not the tropical version though, gay.

There is no tropic Red Sea rig any more. We got rid of shorts, deck shoes/ sandals to pay for the blue PCS we currently wear.

Tropic 3’s is still about but that’s only worn alongside and consists of tropic trousers with a 3’s shirt.

Forgive my ignorance (I left in 08) are both rigs identical except the colour?

No worries, this stuff came out in 2015, it’s separate lightweight jacket and trousers, with a belt, but many people assume it’s overalls because of the colour.

They’re mostly the same, but the cammo stuff is copyrighted so the RN version is a knockoff with the measurements being out. A thicker material and also fire retardant. Also, there are pockets on the sleeves of the mtp stuff but I cut them off so I could roll the sleeves up.

Chris P

War Hero
There is no tropic Red Sea rig any more. We got rid of shorts, deck shoes/ sandals to pay for the blue PCS we currently wear.

Tropic 3’s is still about but that’s only worn alongside and consists of tropic trousers with a 3’s shirt.

Very septic..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Taking swift action on the economy, humanitarian funding and humanitarian access in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Chancellor: It’s time for action on mental health in prisons MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inspectorates - urgent action needed at Rainsbrook MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summit shows new surge in action and ambition on road to Glasgow Climate Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Multi-agency days of action target Crawley and Reigate waste sites MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A year of climate action: op-ed by Charles Hay MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Regulatory action taken against former manager and trustee of Birmingham rehabilitation charity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC and ASA launch new action to disrupt promoters of tax avoidance schemes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS No better time than now to step up climate action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Farmers and waste companies urged to check waste management processes or face enforcement action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA takes swift action in bipolar drug investigation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Keeping momentum on climate action and ambition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Action to remove contaminated fire-fighting water MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Young people leading the charge on climate action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Be flood aware during Flood Action Week 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS EU citizens urged to take action during EU transition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency launches Flood Action Campaign 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 63 days to go: Readiness webinars prompt businesses to take action for end of transition period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Action to help prevent vulnerable young people from becoming homeless MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Equalities sets out government action to tackle Covid disparities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Instagram to tackle hidden advertising after CMA action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated G20 Action Plan to support the global economy through Covid-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ongoing military action along the line of contact in the Nagorno-Karabakh region: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to protect small businesses with action on late payments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inquiries Review Action Plan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Chile urge countries to take ambitious action on climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘Climate action cannot be another victim of coronavirus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New action plan to boost judicial diversity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency raids Kent waste site in joint day of action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Action taken to improve resilience of railway following Stonehaven tragedy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New action to prevent the spread of coronavirus in Bolton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Leasehold homes: CMA launches enforcement action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £2 million fund for local action on air quality MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office will lead global action to ensure world’s poorest are protected from ravages of coronavirus and famine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Taking action on climate risk: Improving governance and reporting by occupational pension schemes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government takes action to manage surface water flood risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More targeted action in local areas to curb the spread of coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Action agreed to support students into preferred universities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progress report on the OSCE Gender Action Plan: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel takes action to implement Windrush recommendations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Investing in education and accelerating action on the SDGs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel and new French Interior Minister agree action on Channel crossings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Launching the Decade of Action during COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Resilience in light of COVID: Climate Action on the Road to COP26 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scaling up climate action: country strategies and emerging investment opportunities for a green recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local action to tackle coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RAF Fighter Jets, Surveillance and Refuelling aircraft have been in action across Europe this week in support of NATO allies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK calls for drastic action in Yemen as coronavirus infections reach one million MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19: Major holiday lets firm offers refunds after CMA action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Action taken to halt sales of fingerprick coronavirus (COVID-19) antibody testing kits MoD News 0