Action Working Dress

Paxman_Valenta

Badgeman
If the command allowed us to relax jackets when in tropical climes that you help. It is mentioned in uniform regs.

The fleece needs ditching and revert back to the wooly pully. I have seen the command do this but no one else. The RM still have their wooly pully for use with pcs.
The first bit (about relaxing jackets) is up to indivisual CO's and mine previously allowed us to do this. It was officially called "Number 4 Romeo's (4 R's)" and allowed non SSEP/HFEP to relax down to a blue/black cotton t-shirt which everyone apprecaited. The Gangway staff were in MTP.

Wolley Pulleys (I think?) are still issued so they can be worn with Number 3's, don't think it'd look too clever with PCS though, I do prefer the microfleece with PCS (but it's absolutely not fire retardent in any way!)

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
The micro fleece is horrid when you are going from cold to hot and having to strip off to remove it.

Paxman_Valenta

Badgeman
One of the worst features of PCS in my eyes is the stupid in-built twist ties in your trouser legs. Great for the rare times in your career when you're bimbling around Erlestoke or the Brecon Beacons with combat boots on but day to day on a Pussers grey they look ridiculous with steaming bats and I've actually come a cropper on one before when it's got caught around the bottom of a door clip and nearly sent me flying.

I think they may be changing it again.

I have seen a photo of some monstrosity of a uniform that looks like it has been thrown on the floor then someone who has been painting the deck walks through the wet paint and onto the uniform leaving boot prints all over it.

I must be in the minority as I prefer the RN PCS to the uniforms we had before.

Dont get me wrong, it has it's faults but it is more practical than the old no.8s.

If the command allowed us to relax jackets when in tropical climes that you help. It is mentioned in uniform regs.

The fleece needs ditching and revert back to the wooly pully. I have seen the command do this but no one else. The RM still have their wooly pully for use with pcs.

Has anyone else seen the new kit at all?
Not seen anything about it, but this was in the personnel support brief (or whatever it’s called now)

Wolley Pulleys (I think?) are still issued so they can be worn with Number 3's, don't think it'd look too clever with PCS though, I do prefer the microfleece with PCS (but it's absolutely not fire retardent in any way!)
To be fair, if I’m working with RM and I’m cold I’ll rock the green woolly pulley with my mtp PCS, it’s quite comfy. I did do the same in my blue stuff when I was back up in Rosyth and hadn’t received a full issue (some people were wearing 4’s trousers with PCS jackets and to be fair if I’m somewhere cold I’d be tempted to do the same myself seeing as 4’s trousers are thicker). The previous WONS did hint that the fleece might be scrapped and the woolly pulley would be an all uniforms piece again, but to be honest, I’d rather have a combat smock that I keep seeing the divers crying about in. I still have one from trials but have been told to take it off when it’s freezing outside.

One of the worst features of PCS in my eyes is the stupid in-built twist ties in your trouser legs. Great for the rare times in your career when you're bimbling around Erlestoke or the Brecon Beacons with combat boots on but day to day on a Pussers grey they look ridiculous with steaming bats and I've actually come a cropper on one before when it's got caught around the bottom of a door clip and nearly sent me flying.
Why don’t you just cut them off and then if you need to tie your trousers, wear actual trouser twists?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ChrisAsh

Midshipman
What a load of wimps in ,my day 1962-1973 we had none of this modern rubbish. bell bottoms that looked great and could be rolled up, No 8's were practical and never worn outside dockyards, we were the real sailors ;);););)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
What a load of wimps in ,my day 1962-1973 we had none of this modern rubbish. bell bottoms that looked great and could be rolled up, No 8's were practical and never worn outside dockyards, we were the real sailors ;);););)
I joined up in 1973, did we pass each other at the gate? ;)

Waspie

War Hero
Well I thought I'd have a read and gave up!!!
WTF do three quarters of the abbreviations mean????
The post 92 Navy has invented a new language just for uniforms!!!!
TTFN!!