Action Snacks?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Ballistic, Jan 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TV schedule tonight:

2100: The Secret Life of Elephants (BBC1)
    2200: Could You Eat an Elephant? (Ch4)
    2335: Kill It, Cook It, Eat It (BBC3)
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2350: Why Boys Love Spit-Roasts (Climax3-3, Sky Channel 917) [Gen dit!] :wink:
  3. Ahh, thats what Sky plus was made for!
  4. I saw the Elephant programme, there was a little baby elephant and it was sooo cute. I want one.

Not to eat I might add because that would be mean.
  5. [​IMG]

baaa, baaa, I'm so cute, eat me! OMM NOMMM NOMMM.

what's the difference?
  6. Haven't eaten lamb since we went to a farm last Spring and saw one being born :)
  7. It didn't stop those vultures nibbling away at the dead elephant in the river though!!

Funny the arse on that dead Elephant seemed to remind me of some of my female colleagues faces!!!

8O 8O
  8. There was no elephant nibbling, they were touching the dead elephant because they did not understand that it was dead.
  9. That's missing the point though, if it wasn't destined to be roasted and served up on a bed of garlic mash with some lightly steamed vegetables it wouldn't have been born on the farm in the first place.

My partner is a vegetarian, I'm not. :D
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Farming has kept many of our indigenous animal breeds from disappearing into extinction. Supply and demand, innit? And as barbaric as it may have seemed to those of us in First World cultures where almost any food type is available without having to kill it first, and then to see African tribesmen killing, cooking and eating tree monkeys, they have to use what is available - not many 'woolly jumpers' bouncing around the Serengeti, are there?
  11. If we were not meant to eat animals (cow, lamb pig etc) then why are they made of meat?
  12. Good dit about the last few I killed. Mate of my Dad has a daughter married to an Iraqi doctor.Said medic brought his family over on hols [before war etc] and they wanted to have celebration which involved cooking whole lamb stuffed with rice and fruit.Bootiful.Anyway I got nice lambs [2 for other folks ] and the old daddy from Iraq came and he wanted to kill his own.First thing was that he did it Halal style but was a great pains to point out that he was Christian.Seems that all the chappies in his neck of the world do the praying bit "to ask God's forgivness for having to kill one of his creatures" .
    Next bit was when he took out a foot pump like wot you pump up your tyres with.I had heard that the Arabs etc blew the skin off sheep but thought that this was a p**s take but it is true.He nicked the skin just above the hoof,sticks in the nozzle and away he went.Off came the hide clean as a whistle. Uz bumkins usyally make a start with the knife and then punch the skin off from the neck down with the lamb hangin up high so ye don't hurt yer back .
    Kid goats make great curry,but thats another story.
  13. If we ate Panda's there would be fields full of them.
  14. I always got a Lion Bar
  15. Elephants, Lambs, curry's!!!! all I got was an out of date twix and a dodgy juice box. Bloody pikey canman!!!
  16. Many civil servants 'deserve axe'

So we will be eating "long pig " instead of chip butties.I hear that the palm of the hand is a delicacy.
  17. Noted :thumbright:

But I did think it was going to be anecdotes about action messing ..... must be an age thing... :oops:
  18. o_O
  19. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Do you wanna see my elephant? :lol:
  20. Pleeease..... Juniors/Underaged ABs/Christians/Muslims/Lawyers might be online! :roll: