Action Man

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
There was a news item tonight about the launch on VE-Day this year of a range of modern military Action Man dolls (incidentally the item was fronted by a Crab with a day's growth but I suppose that's not un-officer-like in the RAF). There was only a very quick scan of what is intended but all were suitably warry and the set seems to include a Harrier loaded for bear. However (although there has been a sailor Action Man in square rig in the past) the RN seemed to be under-represented.

So, for this weekend's homework, please propose RN-type dolls for inclusion in the range, for instance a Chief Stoker? Dolls can of cousre be either sex but should include a comprehensive kit list etc.

btw there was included the usual bleat from some wetnik about not giving children ideas about war, guns etc. Yuk.

slim

War Hero
A mincing Occifer Steward
A Wafu in Pyjamas
A Greenie with pimples and glasses
A stoker with shovel
A matelot complete with Dose

The Faye Tunny Coxswain doll, upon carrying out feasibility studies however it was found that the amount of plastic required to make a scale reproduction of her harris made this doll economically unviable.

The Daywear/ Nightwear Bootie this set includes a muscle bosun doll, a full set of CS95 (With all the bells and whistles), scale Green Lid made of a blob of plastic (As per original Action Man Commando doll) 2x scale roll mats for pre run ashore fun and games and for the evening wear a selection of Barbies finest couture.

And our special for Norman of Kiddiminster, the Lieutenant Commander fully kitted out with desk and mountain of paperwork and neg sea legs.
:lol:

NZ_Bootneck said:
The Faye Tunny Coxswain doll, upon carrying out feasibility studies however it was found that the amount of plastic required to make a scale reproduction of her harris made this doll economically unviable.
Classic :wav:

andym said:
I vote for a full life size Naval Nurse doll with "funtional bits"

Along the lines of these.

http://www.realdoll.com/
I got the QARNNS (nurse) I married one, but if its reality, how about a Jack doll.
Uniform in ribbons two days growth and smelling of spew and lager.
Could even have an egg banjo in one hand and a bottle in the other.

sweetpea

Lantern Swinger
I'd like a full size fully functional Commander James Bond (RNVR) doll - from the Pierce Brosnan mould. Removable uniform essential. Kit List: Toothbrush & Comb.

SP. (Swooning at the thought). :D

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
slim said:
A Greenie with pimples and glasses
Does it come complete with golden blanket or is this an add-on item?

For the comms department of old, the bunting-tosser should, of course, be a sun-bronzed Adonis character while the sparker should be pale, wearing slippers, and carrying a pipe.

The all new NAILS doll.

Hand made from specially selected mild steel :lol:
Moveable steely eyes :wink:
Real hair 8)
Lots of different weapons 8O
Lots of different camo outfits :)
Full set of red, green and sand coloured berets :D

Optional extras include:
Cage - fight your Nails doll with your chums :twisted:
Pensioner Barby doll - for when you just have to :oops:
Half eaten kebab :(

Scrumpy

Lantern Swinger
There could be a talking one...you pull the cord and he says...who'll start me at ten pounds ..twenty...thirty..fourty...anymore...no more..this is your last chance....sold for fourty pounds.

Yes it's Auction man :roll:

Scrumpy said:
There could be a talking one...you pull the cord and he says...who'll start me at ten pounds ..twenty...thirty..fourty...anymore...no more..this is your last chance....sold for fourty pounds.

Yes it's Auction man :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: