Action Man

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Seaweed, Apr 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

There was a news item tonight about the launch on VE-Day this year of a range of modern military Action Man dolls (incidentally the item was fronted by a Crab with a day's growth but I suppose that's not un-officer-like in the RAF). There was only a very quick scan of what is intended but all were suitably warry and the set seems to include a Harrier loaded for bear. However (although there has been a sailor Action Man in square rig in the past) the RN seemed to be under-represented.

So, for this weekend's homework, please propose RN-type dolls for inclusion in the range, for instance a Chief Stoker? Dolls can of cousre be either sex but should include a comprehensive kit list etc.

btw there was included the usual bleat from some wetnik about not giving children ideas about war, guns etc. Yuk.

2. I vote for a full life size Naval Nurse doll with "funtional bits"

Along the lines of these.

http://www.realdoll.com/

3. A mincing Occifer Steward
    A Wafu in Pyjamas
    A Greenie with pimples and glasses
    A stoker with shovel
    A matelot complete with Dose

4. The Faye Tunny Coxswain doll, upon carrying out feasibility studies however it was found that the amount of plastic required to make a scale reproduction of her harris made this doll economically unviable.

The Daywear/ Nightwear Bootie this set includes a muscle bosun doll, a full set of CS95 (With all the bells and whistles), scale Green Lid made of a blob of plastic (As per original Action Man Commando doll) 2x scale roll mats for pre run ashore fun and games and for the evening wear a selection of Barbies finest couture.

And our special for Norman of Kiddiminster, the Lieutenant Commander fully kitted out with desk and mountain of paperwork and neg sea legs.
    :lol:

5. Classic :wav:

6. I got the QARNNS (nurse) I married one, but if its reality, how about a Jack doll.
    Uniform in ribbons two days growth and smelling of spew and lager.
    Could even have an egg banjo in one hand and a bottle in the other.

7. I'd like a full size fully functional Commander James Bond (RNVR) doll - from the Pierce Brosnan mould. Removable uniform essential. Kit List: Toothbrush & Comb.

SP. (Swooning at the thought). :D

8. I`ll have you know I resembled that remark :)

9. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Does it come complete with golden blanket or is this an add-on item?

For the comms department of old, the bunting-tosser should, of course, be a sun-bronzed Adonis character while the sparker should be pale, wearing slippers, and carrying a pipe.

10. The all new NAILS doll.

Hand made from specially selected mild steel :lol:
    Moveable steely eyes :wink:
    Real hair 8)
    Lots of different weapons 8O
    Lots of different camo outfits :)
    Full set of red, green and sand coloured berets :D

Optional extras include:
    Cage - fight your Nails doll with your chums :twisted:
    Pensioner Barby doll - for when you just have to :oops:
    Half eaten kebab :(

11. They based an Action Man doll on me in my youth: an empty box - Action Man - DESERTER !!

12. PTI, complete with 6 pack and clip board!!

13. The 'Special Duties' Action Man doll, comes with a full set and a black North Face jacket.

14. There could be a talking one...you pull the cord and he says...who'll start me at ten pounds ..twenty...thirty..fourty...anymore...no more..this is your last chance....sold for fourty pounds.

Yes it's Auction man :roll:

15. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. If it comes from London, from a place between Ealing and Chiswick, would it be an Acton Man?

17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Or dressed as a Nazi: "Achtung Man"! :wink:

18. Or if it's dressed in tights and a cod piece and saying "Alas poor Yorrick I knew thee well" it may be an Acting Man.

19. Or from the West End .... yep! .... it's Acting Man !!

:oops:

Dam !! beaten to it .......... :(

20. From Lancashire We could have Accrington Man