Acquaintance Courses

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SphynxPawww, Jan 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I am currently interested in joining the Royal Navy and I was wondering if anybody knows if the acquaintance courses are the same for all branches? or do they vary in difficulty/length depending on what you apply to? Im interested in going for the Aircraft Handler position.

Any reply's would be appreciated

2. if your talking about the four day acquaintance course, Yes they are the same for all branches other than officer I would imagine.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers mate

4. Not quite! Think you'll find the divers one is mildly different. Either way you need to be a good looking Adonis to pass it.
  5. Fair enough was just trying to give the lad some help.

6. Oh. .
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The Pre Royal Navy Course (PRNC) formerly the Ratings Preparation Course (RPC), previously the Royal Navy Acquaint Course (RNAC) held in the Royal Navy Acquaint Centres (RNAC) are pretty much the same for each branch but obviously Submariner courses ideally visit a submarine, Air courses get to look at aircraft etc., but the core of the course is the same. Mine Clearance Divers undertake the Warfare PRNC.

Mine Clearance Divers also attend a Pre-Diving Acquaint course (PDA), formerly a Pre Entry Diving Aptitude course (PEDA) which is a physical assessment of their physical fitness, diving aptitude and rugged good-looks. The last bit isn't pass/fail, incidentally.

It's easy to see where confusion may set-in.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Fixed that for you - go on laugh!!
  9. I'd love to have if had been funny!
  10. It used to be NS. Think they have lowered the standards now days.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I agree, they let you in Quasi :munky2:

12. Sorry Brad. .
  13. You've noticed :) (it's the Dolphins wot does it wiv the wimmin by the way)
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep. In order to reduce the course to three days, they've removed the bit where the guys had to walk past four adjacent bathroom mirrors in less than ten minutes and without using hair gel. Apparently.