Acquaint course, Culdrose

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jamesgiles, Jul 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Just a quick question. I'm going on an acquaint course to Culdrose in a couple of weeks, and was told to take casual clothes to wear under a flying suit (non-nylon).

I was just wondering what is normally worn under a flying suit?

2. dont know for sure...... but having met quite a few WAFU's in my time, probably along the lines of ....French Knickers or similar type of ladies undergarments, stockings, (hold -up type) with toenails painted a nice cherry red colour !!!!!!

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As a potential WAFU, I would do as they do and wear your jim-jams underneath. Or go 'commando' (go on; I dare you!) :shock:
  4. If your going as an hossifer, casual means deck shoes, chino's and a short sleeved check shirt.
  5. You won't want to wear anything much under a growbag in the summer - a T shirt and your boxers will be enough.
  6. Don't forget your Hawaiian Shirt, the louder the better, Board shorts and Flip Flops for casual Friday.
  7. ok cool cheers, yeah sounds like the most logical option, even shorts underneath would get pretty hot I reckon.