Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by Matzu9, Jun 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys sorry if this has been asked before, but....

How does the accomodation work out after phase 2? Like do you get some kind of room?

Cheers for any replys :D
  2. I'm quite interested in this too. From what I've seen on tv and stuff you get (what i saw was for army) a fairly spacious room with a double bed. You get WIFI at all or a little old maid that cleans your room twice weekly or summat?

3. If you become an AET and go to JFH, you may just get a SLAM block, ensuite with a double bed!!!
  4. What about at Maritime Logistics school in Raleigh?

Has anybody on here been there, and how many share a room?, is it possible to bring your own stuff through??

5. :lol: :lol: Double bed ensuite wafu/ bucc/style 809,_George_Saunders(1).JPG :roll: :roll:
  6. SLAM in HMS Drake or 39 man mess on a T23 smelling of beer, fart & poofy powder. Torch in the eyes at 0330 & "sorry wrong bunk mate", etc, etc. The choice is yours.
  7. Depends if your a re-cat or not.

If your going straight there from phase 1 then its exactly the same accommodation as phase 1- i.e. 50 man mess with blue lockers.

If your re-catting then you'll go ships company into slam so should be fine to take your own stuff.

8. No. No sort of room after phase 2. You have to sleep on your bed outside. It's a bit of a pisser when it starts raining but you do kinda get used to it.
  9. Room?

Good God.
  10. You do get a"kind of room", but there again the heads are a "kind of room"
  11. By the way, in the RN we call them cabins.

The type of accommodation you get will depend on where you spend your shore time and most establishments have SLAM (Single Living Accommodation) which is based very much on Travel Lodge standards. Long overdue and a far cry from the pathetic 10 to a Mess most of us old buggers had to endure back in the 70's, 80's and 90's.
  12. ONLY 10 to a mess, when I was at Viccy barracks..........