Accommodation

JonesS

Midshipman
Hello! I start phase 1 training in November and I’ll be completing phase 2 at Worthydown. While at Worthydown what’s the accommodation situation? Do you get your own room or share again?

Also, once I finish phase 2, if I’m shore based, will I again be provided accommodation? I don’t intend on going home on weekends I’m allowed to as it’s a 4 hours car ride which quite frankly I can’t be bothered to do for the sake of a day or two at home. So will I be allowed to stay on base while everyone else goes home?

slim

War Hero
Hello! I start phase 1 training in November and I’ll be completing phase 2 at Worthydown. While at Worthydown what’s the accommodation situation? Do you get your own room or share again?

Also, once I finish phase 2, if I’m shore based, will I again be provided accommodation? I don’t intend on going home on weekends I’m allowed to as it’s a 4 hours car ride which quite frankly I can’t be bothered to do for the sake of a day or two at home. So will I be allowed to stay on base while everyone else goes home?
In my day which is many eons ago guys who did not want to go weekend would offer to do weekend duties (for a price) for those who did.
One of my mates did duties most weekends and was making a fortune out of those who could not bear to be parted from their loved ones. :)
Perhaps someone who is serving will be able to advise on this :)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
You will have accommodation wherever you go in the mob, some good, some bad and some indifferent. You will be sharing in Phase 2 and if you want to stay onboard over the weekend then stay onboard.

Core

Midshipman

Why don't you add yourself to the list? Just put your role and date down.

I don’t intend on going home on weekends I’m allowed to as it’s a 4 hours car ride which quite frankly I can’t be bothered to do for the sake of a day or two at home. So will I be allowed to stay on base while everyone else goes home?
Trust me, after 2 weekends on base.... you will be chomping at the bit to do that 4 hour drive :)

I used to do 8 Hrs each way from Culdrose every other weekend, my Killick at the time used to go from Culdrose to Arbroath (only stopped for fuel) and p*ssed in a bottle.