Accommodation in Guz

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by janner, May 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Coming down to Guz at the start of August for the Diesel Boat reunion. Have just learnt that the Fleet Club that was has been sold and is closing in June.
    Can anyone recommend a decent cheap(ish) Hotel with en-suite rooms and a restaurant.
    There will be quite a few looking for the same I would think

2. Holiday Inn on the Hoe at 83quid for a double?
    I tried the dates arriving 6 Aug and leaving 9 Aug, double room two people.
    www. priorityclub.com
    This is the booking/mileage site for that group of hotels and guarantees lowest rate.

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Holiday Inn on the Hoe is a good shout, I stayed there with the missus. Get one of the higher floors, great views.

4. janner

Sorry should have said, looking for single, amongst others I will be meeting up with Nutty and there's no way on this earth I'm sharing a room with him

5. Don't think it's got a restaurant but there's a travel lodge at the top of Union Street now (actually at Derry's Cross roundabout). On another site Nutty has said he's trapped and going to Guzz for a dirty weekend!!!! 8O

6. I saw that as well Wrecker and he also stated he was bringing the super large strap on and 3 packs of KY. :lol:

Back on thread, I have used the Mayflower B&B on Citadel Road in the past and always found it decent place to stay with the Mrs.

http://www.mayflowerguesthouse.co.uk/

7. Why would you need a restaurant when Union St has so many quality places to eat; can anyone name a few?

8. Jury's inn. Turned up steaming and got twin room for £30 a night. Smart enough... Got an asbo and ate toothpaste that night...

9. I would honestly book with the Holiday Inn.
    Single rooms are normally pretty sub standard and for the price in Guzz at that time of the year, then you won't get much better.
    Plus the parking, which is like rocking horse poop thereabouts.

10. janner

I did tell him to bring whatever he was comfortable in taking :oops:

11. That Jury's Inn near Drake Circus Mall looks quite nice, but theres loads of Travel Inns and Premier Inns aswell

12. janner

So far the Astor is looking the best bet at £50 per night B and B. Its either that or going for a straight B and B type place, the good thing about the Fleet Club was that you start and finish the reunion there and of course the £35 per night.

Any more suggestions?