Accommodation for Officers (Pilots, Aircrew etc.)?

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by BVGS01, Oct 28, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the accommodation like generally for Officers on Ship? Or more specifically Aircrew, eg.would an embarked flight be separate to the rest of the crew? I imagine it differs according to which type you're on. Also what is the accommodation like for Officers (Aircrew) when on base at Culdrose or Yeovilton? Or do they live off-base?
    Thanks a lot,

2. Aircrew have the same type of accommodation as other branches of the same rate / rank.

3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Their cabin doors are wider at head height and their pillows are more robust but that's about it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. And sponsored by Holiday Inn (when biggles embarks)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. You forgot to mention the specially adapted wardrobes to accommodate:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. This IS a wind up isn't it?

7. The clicky bed isn't

• Like Like x 3
  8. Are they issue from tool control on those special relax days at sea when the aircrew offer to wash the aircraft? For about 5 mins

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aircrew are only available for Cab Washes when in the tropics. They then spend 30 minutes playing with the fresh water hoses mainly spraying the water at each other. They then get bored and retire to the bun house:D

10. Slim you forgot to add only when the rest of the ship's company is on water rationing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Barny you are correct, however a cab wash takes priority over a matelot wash. Aircraft are far more expensive than matelots:(

• Like Like x 1
  12. Or Having a BBQ!

Excuse me shippers can you move your towel I need to move this seaking that will be picking up your mail tomorrow?

Kin woo's you think you own this flightdeck!!!

• Like Like x 1