Accommodation + Food.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by AdamGrayAET, Aug 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

I have my selection interview tomorrow as a AeT, So trying to get as much information as possible today. I want to do well.

I have 10 points on my driving license, And i have to be a excellent prospect. To get my waiver.

My RT was no problem, Its this interview i worried about.

I have brought a new suit, New shoes!, I have never owned a suit.

Anyway my question is; What kind of accommodation is there at Phase 1?

And do you provide you own food, Or is this provided? And taken from your wages?

I just want basic knowledge, And if i need to save money to take with me if i'm successful.

2. Hey, when did you know you had a interview? why are you leaving it to the last second?

Good luck.
  3. I think you have me mistaken, I'm doing my last bit of revision today. And it's the only subject i do no know about.

The rest of the History, My trade etc, is no problem.

I just can not find any informaion on accommodation.

P.S I have known about my interview for 2 weeks.
  4. As posted by ninja :

Those in phase one training are charged food & accommodation whilst in training & just accommodation & council tax charges (about £20.70 for the month) whilst on leave but before having completed phase one traning.

Food Charge

£4.07 Per day
    £122.10 (30 Days)

Accommodation Charge

£0.60 Per day
    £18.00 (30 Days)

Council Tax

£0.09 Per Day
    £2.70 (30 Days)

The average monthly pay for a single New Entrant, after stoppages (Tax, National Insurance, Food, Accommodation and Council Tax) is approximately £820.00.
  5. Great, That was excellent information. Thankyou for the help.
  6. I'm glad you like to judge people on here. I have spent 2 months in Dubai/Bahrain. 3 months in Germany this year as a Engineer.

I'm looking to progress my career in the Navy, Which i think is a sensible choice.
  7. I don't care if you've spent 10 years fixing bogs on the gazza strip 10 points is ALOT. Who said you were an excellent prospect? You or the careers officer? I tell my gf I am an adonis doesn't mean I am.
  8. I think you all need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

He's got 10 points which means he needs to BE an excellent prospect in order to get some kind of waiver.
  9. Isn't Raleigh Pay As You Dine these days? Heard that it was...and that they've also got rid of Traf Galley.
  10. It's PAYD for those in phase 2 and training staff but not for phase 1 recruits.

It's the Victory Galley now, which I'm told is new. As long as you like soggy tatties, you'll love it!
  11. Some piccies of the Pt.1 accomodation you can expect can be found below:

The link below takes you to a recruit's diary of his Pt.1 training at Raleigh, which may be of interest:

On the food issue, I understand from numerous posts on this site that if you're a Junior (AB <18) you get an endless supply of Mars Bars at Stand Easy, but I'm not sure if they're not pulling peoples plonkers. :lol:

Junior AB friendly Mars Bars/Scran.....

12. What no WHAM bars
  13. So that's how you're attracting the young 'uns these days!!

On topic though, what's an accomplished international Engineer doing on here asking how he gets his meals? What a load of sh!te. Man up and jump in. They come on plates! Never had a suit before?! And you've worked where? Worked in Dubai as an Engineer my left tit :roll:
  14. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Without wishing to be too picky, but first off engineer starts with a vowel so "an" should be used rather than "a" - "Yesterday I couldn't spell engineer, today I are one?" :)

Secondly, if you are truly an engineer as you claim, why are you joining as an AET? I would have thought that being a professional engineer with all the associated acadedemic qualifications (degree) plus associated responsible experience (several years) would pay far more than you would receive as a new entry AET.

EurIng FlagWagger MSc BSc CEng MIET MSaRS
  15. Engineer is a broad term. The two months in Bahrain he was actually on holiday with his great nan. In Germany he was an ice cream engineer.
  16. They're all too busy being smart arses.

Also Guzzler is the 820 before food deductions?