Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by eastender88, Jul 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, i'm hoping to be joining as an me (et) i have passed interview and tests etc..

Was just wandering what the accomedation is like at hms Sultan? are they dormantories, or do you share a room, if so what are the rooms/dormantories like?

2. If they are sh!t, will you decide not to go?
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Check your spelling!

As for accommodation in part 2 you will be berthed in Hood, Rodney or ? (memory failure). A very OLD block with I think 4 x 12 man messes. This is for around a few months (another memory failure) before you move to Brookside which is 4 man mess where you finish your training.
  4. Whatever would today's stokers think of the after messes on a Type 14 off Iceland/Norway in winter, with their meals reaching the mess on trays (if they were lucky), cooled by salt air and water, enlivened by corned beef and pickles when they didn't ? Four man cabins ? Feck me, the Pusser hasn't half changed since my time !!!
  5. No it wouldnt change my mind im just interested to know where i will be staying so i know what to expect.

6. I used to hate that dormantory accomedation.

Sounds like a bouncer from the Conservative Party guarding the sickbay door to me :D
  7. I believe when times are a bit rougher and the bunking more cramped than the likes of today, the opportunities for developing some strong comradery are far greater. I suppose if you didn't, it would be hell :lol: