Acceptable number of press-ups?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by smircula44, Oct 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What would you say is an acceptable amout of press-ups for when you arrive at Raleigh?
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Girlie ones or blokey ones?
  3. I think 23 is the standard for lads, not sure about girls. Tbh tho I reckon you should be able to do more than that, though im sure the instructors will help you out. You would be amazed how many peep dont know how to do a proper press-up.
  4. Your'e a funny guy Ninja! I think you're talents are wasted on this forum, you could be working the comedy circuit! :p

Blokey ones!!!!
  5. Yey, Smircula is back, I like you!

Do you want to go half on a baby? OH OH OH Maybe you could practice your press-ups at the same time- win win.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

That's a good find "leeblease". Nice one.
  7. Only if he can last long enough
  8. I may be just being a bit thick here, but I have no idea what that means!! Care to explain?
  9. As a lady ;-p I don't think it is my place to explain.
  10. Perhaps a lady would not have made the suggestion in the first place
  11. Don't worry the pennies just dropped! I'm at work, I usually switch my brain off whilst I'm here, I find it helps a bit with the boredom.
  12. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...
  13. Anyone then? I know it's 23 for the actual fitness test at Raleigh, but are you expected to be able to do 23 from day one?
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Seriously for a moment, you should aim to be at least midway between the stated figures on "leablease's" link on arrival at Raleigh.

My advice is to achieve a pass rather than have to attend remedial training of an evening whilst everyone else is getting their kit ready for the next day.
  15. lol As long as you do 23 mate, you'll be fine.

You should be able to annihilate that amount of pressups in about 30 seconds.
  16. Cheers, :) Ive got 7 weeks to go until Im off to Raleigh and I do quite a few press-ups everyday so hopefully should be ok.
  17. Give Sara21 a ring - Sounds very much like she'd like to help you improve your technique! (you lucky bugger) :thumright:
  18. But only if you are sure youre performance is up to her standard, otherwise???????