Skimmerlad123

Midshipman
Hi everyone, I applied for the Accelerated Weapons Engineer course, passed the exams and the interview but unfortunately was not selected by the board to be offered a place, however I was offered a job going in as a standard rate rather then leading hand.

The next Intake for the accelerated course is October 2020 where as the intake for the standard course is February 2020. And I’m struggling for what to choose can you guys/girls give me your opinions? Here’s some basic info:

1) Not guaranteed to get it next October either
2) Could potentially get fast tracked on standard route as already have the qualifications I’d get from it
3) Already have a job getting 30K+ a year so standard would mean a significant drop in salary

All and any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance

fishhead

War Hero
No of us know your financial status or commitments so commenting would be irresponsible.
In theory if you were a borderline case for acceptance to the accelerated scheme you should have no problem going the slower route and and progressing quickly up the greasy pole.
If you have faith in your own ability and can take the financial hit go for it.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

slim

War Hero
Hi everyone, I applied for the Accelerated Weapons Engineer course, passed the exams and the interview but unfortunately was not selected by the board to be offered a place, however I was offered a job going in as a standard rate rather then leading hand.

The next Intake for the accelerated course is October 2020 where as the intake for the standard course is February 2020. And I’m struggling for what to choose can you guys/girls give me your opinions? Here’s some basic info:

1) Not guaranteed to get it next October either
2) Could potentially get fast tracked on standard route as already have the qualifications I’d get from it
3) Already have a job getting 30K+ a year so standard would mean a significant drop in salary

All and any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance
If you enjoy the job you are in then I would wait and try again. If you fail this time then stay in the well paid job

mick1199

Lantern Swinger
What is progression like for standard entry? Is it quicker if you have certain qualifications? Is it based on merit, like you generally show you can perform your chosen role well? Or is it very much luck/time based?

Latest Threads