Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accelerated Apprenticeship selection

kennyruss

My son has been very fortunate to have made the final 24 - He only just turned 17 at end of August and is off to Rosyth on 24th Sep for PRNC.

5 years in the sea cadets was probably what gave him the edge imho - a wonderful introduction to the RN and no doubt got him some brownie points in selection.

He would also have taken the submariner route as well if he did not make the final 24 for skimmers

cheers
Kenny

InstaDan

Lantern Swinger
@fishead Thank you for your best wishes please don't get me wrong regarding " no-one behind the scenes pulling strings'" I was referring to previous applications I had applied for in Scotland.(Civilian.) I am not surprised about the popularity of my choice in career choice 24 places for the whole of the UK. My concern is the way the Royal Navy web site gives you the impression that this a clear career pathway and may lead you to think, having taken all the steps on the joining process you have been successful. (Perhaps I might be the only one who thinks that.) Perhaps I would like to see a bit more transparency. (Saying that if you look on the RN web site you might be misled of thinking you will gain:
https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/career...elerated-apprentice-scheme-marine-engineering

Accelerated Apprentice Scheme (Marine Engineering)

Skills for life

Qualifications you'll gain
  • An Advanced Apprenticeship (level 3) in Aircraft Engineering
Opportunities open to you
  • You could work toward a degree like Aeronautical Engineering

Well their first problem is giving stokers quals in fixing aircraft.

InstaDan

Lantern Swinger
I'm not sure who is in charge of running the RN website but the amount of errors on there is laughable for a professional force.

CameronCl

Midshipman
My son has been very fortunate to have made the final 24 - He only just turned 17 at end of August and is off to Rosyth on 24th Sep for PRNC.

5 years in the sea cadets was probably what gave him the edge imho - a wonderful introduction to the RN and no doubt got him some brownie points in selection.

He would also have taken the submariner route as well if he did not make the final 24 for skimmers

cheers
Kenny
Congratulations to your son for being offered a place. You must be very proud of him. I don't think 5 years in the sea cadets was probably what gave him the edge I'm sure he got through on his own merits. Good luck for PRNC. I will just have to sparkle/shine more when I get to Raleigh.

Jacksplat

Hi Guys,

Anyone know what pay an accelerated air engineer will receive at the start of phase 2?... and throughout, thanks in advance. Have asked a few people including someone at prnc all different answers anyone who has done the AA will know.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Accelerated Apprenticeship scheme (Air Engineering) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Accelerated Apprenticeship Pay (WE) Joining the Royal Navy 20
A accelerated apprenticeship air engineer intake dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Civil servants join accelerated apprenticeship MoD News 0
P Accelerated apprenticeship second interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
N Any Accelerated Apprenticeship Scheme: Marine Engineers here? Joining the Royal Navy 31
C Accelerated Apprenticeship Training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
K Accelerated Apprentice Marine Engineer chance?! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Accelerated Apprentice Scheme (AE) CP level Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
soleil FB: HMS Sultan: "It's An Air Engineering First For Accelerated Apprentices" Bases / Shore Est 6
J Accelerated apprentice scheme in marine engineering Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
S Accelerated Scheme Vs Standard Entry Joining the Royal Navy 1
crash_evans Royal Navy Accelerated Apprentice (AA) Scheme Pipelines (AE/ME/WE) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
N ACCELERATED APPRENTICE SCHEME (MARINE ENGINEERING) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
A Accelerated Apprentice Selection Chances Joining the Royal Navy 2
O How long is the professional training durring the accelerated appreticeship scheme(Air engineering) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
MoD_RSS Press release: Homes England funds first homes through local authority accelerated construction programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Accelerated degrees approved by MPs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Construction of thousands of new homes to be accelerated following Homes England loan to St. Modwen MoD News 0
Ninja_Stoker ACCELERATED APPRENTICE SCHEME – MARINE, WEAPONS, AIR AND SUBMARINER ENGINEERS - 2018 UPDATE Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
J Accelerated Apprentice Scheme Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers announced MoD News 0
C RFA Seamanship Apprenticeship - Application to AB. RFA 12
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2021 date announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2020 open for entries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS APHA launches first plant health apprenticeship scheme MoD News 0
T preparation for RFA engineering apprenticeship RFA 26
J Navy to raf apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers league table launches MoD News 0
Gematria GCSE Science - Advanced Apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
MoD_RSS Amanda Spielman at the Annual Apprenticeship Conference 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SLC celebrates Scottish Apprenticeship Week MoD News 0
M Seaman Apprenticeship length? RFA 10
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ themed National Apprenticeship Week (NAW2020) round up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2020 in the Foreign Office MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parents urged to look beyond apprenticeship misconceptions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2020 in ODP MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ with an apprenticeship this National Apprenticeship Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 national winners announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Get ‘Fired Up’ for National Apprenticeship Week 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ announced as the theme for National Apprenticeship Week 2020 MoD News 0
M Air Engineer Apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Apprenticeship at GAD - Mary's story MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DfE surpasses apprenticeship target two years in a row MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 regional winners announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS September apprenticeship payment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Apprenticeship opportunity at MAIB MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 regional finalists announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Glasgow employer launches Graduate Apprenticeship Programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ESFA calls on small and medium sized apprenticeship employers and supporting training providers to help develop the apprenticeship service MoD News 0