Accelerated Apprenticeship selection

@fishead Thank you for your best wishes please don't get me wrong regarding " no-one behind the scenes pulling strings'" I was referring to previous applications I had applied for in Scotland.(Civilian.) I am not surprised about the popularity of my choice in career choice 24 places for the whole of the UK. My concern is the way the Royal Navy web site gives you the impression that this a clear career pathway and may lead you to think, having taken all the steps on the joining process you have been successful. (Perhaps I might be the only one who thinks that.) Perhaps I would like to see a bit more transparency. (Saying that if you look on the RN web site you might be misled of thinking you will gain:
https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/career...elerated-apprentice-scheme-marine-engineering

Accelerated Apprentice Scheme (Marine Engineering)

Skills for life

Qualifications you'll gain
  • An Advanced Apprenticeship (level 3) in Aircraft Engineering
Opportunities open to you
  • You could work toward a degree like Aeronautical Engineering

My son has been very fortunate to have made the final 24 - He only just turned 17 at end of August and is off to Rosyth on 24th Sep for PRNC.

5 years in the sea cadets was probably what gave him the edge imho - a wonderful introduction to the RN and no doubt got him some brownie points in selection.

He would also have taken the submariner route as well if he did not make the final 24 for skimmers

cheers
Kenny

@fishead Thank you for your best wishes please don't get me wrong regarding " no-one behind the scenes pulling strings'" I was referring to previous applications I had applied for in Scotland.(Civilian.) I am not surprised about the popularity of my choice in career choice 24 places for the whole of the UK. My concern is the way the Royal Navy web site gives you the impression that this a clear career pathway and may lead you to think, having taken all the steps on the joining process you have been successful. (Perhaps I might be the only one who thinks that.) Perhaps I would like to see a bit more transparency. (Saying that if you look on the RN web site you might be misled of thinking you will gain:
https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/career...elerated-apprentice-scheme-marine-engineering

Accelerated Apprentice Scheme (Marine Engineering)

Skills for life

Qualifications you'll gain
  • An Advanced Apprenticeship (level 3) in Aircraft Engineering
Opportunities open to you
  • You could work toward a degree like Aeronautical Engineering
Well their first problem is giving stokers quals in fixing aircraft.

My son has been very fortunate to have made the final 24 - He only just turned 17 at end of August and is off to Rosyth on 24th Sep for PRNC.

5 years in the sea cadets was probably what gave him the edge imho - a wonderful introduction to the RN and no doubt got him some brownie points in selection.

He would also have taken the submariner route as well if he did not make the final 24 for skimmers

cheers
Kenny
Congratulations to your son for being offered a place. You must be very proud of him. I don't think 5 years in the sea cadets was probably what gave him the edge I'm sure he got through on his own merits. Good luck for PRNC. I will just have to sparkle/shine more when I get to Raleigh.