Accelerated Apprenticeship selection

Hi All, just wondering if anyone knows when the final selection is made for the accelerated apprenticeships. Joining as AA ET ME with a provisional start date of 4th November and PRNC date 24th September.

My AFCO applied for my Raleigh date for AA ME last week. Do you think it'll be processed in time for me to have a chance of joining this November, Ninja?

Probably no. I was offered a provisional entry date for November back around Easter. I believe all of the AA ET ME applicants that were first selected are now going through a second stage selection process in which applicants could be deselected from the AA route and offered standard entry.

Didn't get in this time, as expected. Not sure what I'll do - one of my options was go ET ME and hope for fast track.

The email didn't say when the next ET ME intake is. Is it quite regular, Ninja?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Didn't get in this time, as expected. Not sure what I'll do - one of my options was go ET ME and hope for fast track.

The email didn't say when the next ET ME intake is. Is it quite regular, Ninja?
Sorry to hear you weren't selected, I think your ET(ME) entry date will either be the same or pretty soon after the provisional AA entry date.

I was fast-tracked when I joined (I actually think it's a better way of selection because the "interview" lasts throughout phase one & two training, so they're fairly sure whether or not you're a fairly safe bet).

You can still get the same qualifications and get to Petty Officer fairly fast, I did it in two years to Leading Hand and six years from the day I joined as an MEM - ET(ME) in old money. And some were faster than me.

I asked the PO at the office and he said he'll find out and tell me next week. I never had a provisional date, so I won't be waiting till next November, will I?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I asked the PO at the office and he said he'll find out and tell me next week. I never had a provisional date, so I won't be waiting till next November, will I?
If you weren't in the mix for this entry, then you'll be in the next "lucky dip" unless you opt to join as aan standard technician. Your Careers Adviser should be able to advise the next AA intake, I don't have the dates to hand unfortunately.

Should have stated it, I meant if you knew next intake for ET(ME). Don't know how I forgot to say that. Sorry!

I was told next AA ME intake was November 2019 - too long for me to wait.

Thanks for all your help, anyway.

The AA selection board has today released the results for the next entry. If you have not heard yet, call your AFCO.

I applied last year and had some issues with my weight, I managed to shift it (3.5 stone) and was declared medically fit and passed my PJFT fairly shortly after. My AFCO applied for my start date the same day and I’m still waiting for it. I’ve been asking him for weeks now if there’s been any update as he bidded for my place at Raleigh early July. Since then I had my ‘Technical interview’ Spoke to my recruiter last Tuesday and asked him what was going on and he’s said that usually if the start date is November then you would have expected to have a provisional date already and booked on PRNC but give it two weeks and call him back and he will chase it up. Obviously I’m now getting impatient because my future is currently in limbo. Is it safe to assume that I’ve probably missed the November 4th entry ?

Sorry for the long winded message but my AFCO is giving me very little useful advice.

Is it safe to assume that I’ve probably missed the November 4th entry ?

Sorry for the long winded message but my AFCO is giving me very little useful advice.
My AFCO told me I wasn't selected for November on 1st September, so I think you must have not been selected as well. Unless your AFCO have somehow not been told?

My AFCO told me I wasn't selected for November on 1st September, so I think you must have not been selected as well. Unless your AFCO have somehow not been told?
That’s exactly what I thought, just spoke to him again and he’s saying that I shouldn’t listen to anything I read on here as people gossip but I just think he doesn’t actually know that the selection has been done. I’m stuck in a difficult position now because hes the only person I’ve dealt with during my application and if he doesn’t know what’s going on then who does ...

Well Ninja_Stoker one thing I do agree with you the AA route is a "lucky draw. " My son just been informed by his career adviser that 2 weeks before his PRNC that he's not been selected for the November Raleigh start. I would really like to know what is the criteria for selection. Perhaps the Royal Navy selection board could be more transparent when deciding who is actually suitable.

My AFCO said he's asking whoever decided the AA intake why I didn't get in, but I wonder if we'll get an answer. Might not be something they talk about.

My AFCO said he's asking whoever decided the AA intake why I didn't get in, but I wonder if we'll get an answer. Might not be something they talk about.
What age are you if you don’t mind me asking ? The reason I ask is that from speaking to a mate of mine that’s in the navy he seems to think that people towards the upper age limit with more experience is more likely to be selected than someone fresh out of college with a level 3 qualification.

18 - and I did A-levels, which means I was quite unlikely to be selected anyway. Add to it that I only sent off the application for it 2 weeks ago and there was no real hope. Have to try, though!

18 - and I did A-levels, which means I was quite unlikely to be selected anyway. Add to it that I only sent off the application for it 2 weeks ago and there was no real hope. Have to try, though!
Definitely have to try, I’ve done an apprenticeship already and I’m 24 so I’m approaching the age limit but my AFCO didn’t actually apply for my start date until mid July and I still don’t have a provisional start date so expected to not even be considered for selection. Which is what’s happened. I just wish I knew when the next intake for AAME is because the other AA schemes have another intake in March but the ME scheme doesn’t

My AFCO told me the next AA intake was next November. Too long for me to wait, so I'm going ET ME and trying to get on the fast track scheme.

I was also told there's AA AE and AA SM intakes in March, but I'd rather marine engineering on a ship than either of those.

My AFCO told me the next AA intake was next November. Too long for me to wait, so I'm going ET ME and trying to get on the fast track scheme.

I was also told there's AA AE and AA SM intakes in March, but I'd rather marine engineering on a ship than either of those.
Be careful with that because a mate of mine picked up fast track when he joined and they’ve since stopped offering it as they are recruiting externally for fast tracks