Accelerated Apprenticeship scheme (Air Engineering)

Eevee

Hello, does anyone have any information about how the professional training for the Accelerated Apprenticeship scheme (Air Engineering) works, number of weeks and content of the course?

My ACFO has asked for me to look into it but all I can seem to find is stuff for HMS Raleigh for the basic training.

fishhead

War Hero
Hello, does anyone have any information about how the professional training for the Accelerated Apprenticeship scheme (Air Engineering) works, number of weeks and content of the course?

My ACFO has asked for me to look into it but all I can seem to find is stuff for HMS Raleigh for the basic training.
Saves them the trouble I suppose!

Drakey

War Hero
The AFCO should give you info so that you can study it and be prepared for questions at interview.

HMS Raleigh 10 weeks
HMS Sultan 14 weeks (Streamed M or Av)
HMS Seahawk/HMS Heron - on job training 23 Weeks
Leading Hand Course HMS Sultan. M 42 weeks. Av 51 weeks

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
Good morning!
Whilst waiting for my coffee to brew, I had some time on my hands..

ACCELERATED APPRENTICE (AA) AE SCHEME PIPELINE

INTRODUCTION

The aim of the AA AE scheme is to qualify a Leading Air Engineering Technician (LAET) within two years of entry. Following Initial Naval Training (INT) the AA pipeline consists of 2 bespoke technical training courses. These are principally a compression of the AET pipeline covering the same milestones but with a bespoke task book during AA AE Field Training at an Air Station. This is followed by LAET Qualifying Course (LAETQC) and Leading Rates Leadership Course (LRLC) alongside their AET counterparts.

PIPELINE DESCRIPTION

INT.
The AA recruits undergo the same training as their AET counterparts and should be treated in the same manner. They join as Probationary LAET (P/LAET). (10 Weeks).

AE AA Enabling Course.
A compressed version of the AETQC where the AA trainees develop their system knowledge and learn how to operate in the air environment safely. This will also include Able Rates Leadership Course (ARLC) and Basic Sea Survival Course (BSSC). At the end of this time their trade preference card will be submitted for either Mechanical (M) or Avionic (Av). (14 Weeks).

AE AA Field Training.
This provides exposure to a squadron environment and an aircraft type. They will be expected to complete their AA Field Phase Task Book which is based upon the standard AET task book, with some additional Command Leadership and Management (CLM) elements. (23 Weeks).

The first 18 weeks is a compressed version of the AET pipeline which culminates in achieving the Qualified to Sign (QS) and Qualified to Maintain (QM) competencies.

The following 5 weeks are spent undertaking the LAET development section of the task book where the focus is understanding the role of a supervisor in addition to other CLM tasks.

LAETQC.
This is the standard traded course alongside their non-accelerated counterparts. (51 Weeks avg).

LRLC.
This is the standard 4-week course which marks the end of the AA pipeline. Following successful completion, the AA will become a LAET working towards their Certificate of Competence to Supervise Aircraft Maintenance. (4 weeks included in the 51 weeks above).

Promoted to LAET (average time 98 weeks).

Glossary

Air Engineer Technician – The first rank held by Air Engineer ratings who do not join an accelerated scheme.

Leading Air Engineer Technician – The second rank held by Air Engineering ratings who do not join an accelerated scheme at which point they become a supervisor.

Probationary Leading Air Engineer Technician
– This rank is only held by trainees on accelerated schemes such as AA. This denotes their training status while acknowledging their first substantive rank will be Leading Air Engineer Technician.

Qualifying Course – To promote to the next rank an Air Engineer Rating must undergo a qualifying course. These courses are predominantly technical teaching to a level that is required to be known at that rank.

Leadership Courses – These are undertaken by all ratings to provide them with Leadership training and skills that will be required at the given rank.

Basic Sea Survival Course – This week-long course provides the skills required by all Naval personnel before going to sea including firefighting, sea survival and ship damage control.

ALA – Annual Leave Allowance

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
The AFCO should give you info so that you can study it and be prepared for questions at interview.

HMS Raleigh 10 weeks
HMS Sultan 14 weeks (Streamed M or Av)
HMS Seahawk/HMS Heron - on job training 23 Weeks
Leading Hand Course HMS Sultan. M 42 weeks. Av 51 weeks
Beat me to it!

fishhead

War Hero
Is there any chance this thread could be pinned as someone will post in a few weeks time that they've looked everywhere and can't find any information about it.

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
I’ve found in my bag of knowledge at work all the AA schemes. I can upload all over the weekend and ask the Mods to sticky them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk