OG1N

So 10 weeks basic it however long it is now in Raleigh.

However long your phase 2 trade training is in collingwood, I’m guessing around 6 months.

Then you’ll get a draft to sea going ship for around 3-6 months. We had them onboard for 3 months at the start of the year but there was talk of it being longer.

You’ll do a task book on ship and possibly do some sea time, you’ll get qualified as a WE roundsman first and then you will do your ET2-1 safety check and upon completion of that and your task book (journal as it’s now called) and also your CBRNDC task book (damage control and firefighting) you will sit a PE board which will consist of a walk around various compartments and some Q&A, this will be around 2 hours approx. You’ll then be classed as an ET1 eligible for promotion. All the while doing this you will he on leading hands pay and you will be a probationary leading hand, you won’t really be in a higher position of power then the senior ET’s.

After all of this you will go to collingwood and do your leading hands technical course in your streaming preference, weapons, sensors, CIS, submariner etc. These courses are usually 6-12 months I’m guessing.

Upon completion of this you will then join a ship as a Leading Hand with a leading hands jounrnal, you complete this, do all the right stuff, impress the right people you become eligible for selection to PO. It’s quick now the selection process.

I hope this helps

Skimmerlad123

Midshipman
So 10 weeks basic it however long it is now in Raleigh.

However long your phase 2 trade training is in collingwood, I’m guessing around 6 months.

Then you’ll get a draft to sea going ship for around 3-6 months. We had them onboard for 3 months at the start of the year but there was talk of it being longer.

You’ll do a task book on ship and possibly do some sea time, you’ll get qualified as a WE roundsman first and then you will do your ET2-1 safety check and upon completion of that and your task book (journal as it’s now called) and also your CBRNDC task book (damage control and firefighting) you will sit a PE board which will consist of a walk around various compartments and some Q&A, this will be around 2 hours approx. You’ll then be classed as an ET1 eligible for promotion. All the while doing this you will he on leading hands pay and you will be a probationary leading hand, you won’t really be in a higher position of power then the senior ET’s.

After all of this you will go to collingwood and do your leading hands technical course in your streaming preference, weapons, sensors, CIS, submariner etc. These courses are usually 6-12 months I’m guessing.

Upon completion of this you will then join a ship as a Leading Hand with a leading hands jounrnal, you complete this, do all the right stuff, impress the right people you become eligible for selection to PO. It’s quick now the selection process.

I hope this helps

Really helpful information! Thanks a lot!

Now it’s just a waiting game.

Secret_Sqirrel

Midshipman
As it says on the RN website you start at the 31,000 rate of pay. You will be starting as a probationary leading rate (hence the higher salary) BUT you will undergo the same initial training (HMS Raleigh) as your ET counterparts and be treated the same. I hope that clarifies things :)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hi all, I am currently waiting on a start date for the Royal Navy, I’m joining on the accelerated apprenticeship scheme (fast tracked to leading hand) and was wondering when we will start to receive the pay advertised on the website (£31,000) will this start from Raleigh? Phase 2?

I’ve asked in the AFCO but received 2 different answers, I was wondering if there was someone who could shed some light on this issue.

Also what will the training pipeline be for WE? 10 weeks Raleigh, 6 month phase 2 and then a leadership course?
Day one, Raleigh.