Skimmerlad123

Midshipman
Hi all, I am currently waiting on a start date for the Royal Navy, I’m joining on the accelerated apprenticeship scheme (fast tracked to leading hand) and was wondering when we will start to receive the pay advertised on the website (£31,000) will this start from Raleigh? Phase 2?

I’ve asked in the AFCO but received 2 different answers, I was wondering if there was someone who could shed some light on this issue.

Also what will the training pipeline be for WE? 10 weeks Raleigh, 6 month phase 2 and then a leadership course?

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Hi all, I am currently waiting on a start date for the Royal Navy, I’m joining on the accelerated apprenticeship scheme (fast tracked to leading hand) and was wondering when we will start to receive the pay advertised on the website (£31,000) will this start from Raleigh? Phase 2?

I’ve asked in the AFCO but received 2 different answers, I was wondering if there was someone who could shed some light on this issue.

Also what will the training pipeline be for WE? 10 weeks Raleigh, 6 month phase 2 and then a leadership course?
That’s a hefty pay packet for someone under training!

OG1N

Upon completion of Raleigh you will spend 3-6 months on a sea going vessel as a probationary LET, basically an ET2. You will do an ET’s taskbook, and the appropriate boards and walk arounds and become a qualified ET. You will then do LRLC and leading hands course in either weapons/sensors or CIS. Back to sea as a leading hand.

Sumo

War Hero
Upon completion of Raleigh you will spend 3-6 months on a sea going vessel as a probationary LET, basically an ET2. You will do an ET’s taskbook, and the appropriate boards and walk arounds and become a qualified ET. You will then do LRLC and leading hands course in either weapons/sensors or CIS. Back to sea as a leading hand.
If you go straight to sea from Raleigh, when do you do the trade training?

Skimmerlad123

Midshipman
Try searching for Accelerated Apprentice, ones from @Ninja_Stoker are a good bet, for starters.
I’ve tried searching for this information especially information from ninja but nothing mentions pay specifically, and I think each trade has a different training route all I can seem to fine is AET not WE.

Sumo

War Hero
I’ve tried searching for this information especially information from ninja but nothing mentions pay specifically, and I think each trade has a different training route all I can seem to fine is AET not WE.
Unless knowing when pay is critical to you, you will find out eventually, if it is important, badger your recruiter with why it is important to you?

Skimmerlad123

Midshipman
Unless knowing when pay is critical to you, you will find out eventually, if it is important, badger your recruiter with why it is important to you?
Recruitment officers have both told me 2 separate things, one telling me I get it from the get go and the other saying that I only get it after I fully qualify and have been fully trained.

Skimmerlad123

Midshipman
So it’ll be 10 week Raleigh 3-6 months cooling wood then stationed on ship for a while?

OG1N

So 10 weeks basic it however long it is now in Raleigh.

However long your phase 2 trade training is in collingwood, I’m guessing around 6 months.

Then you’ll get a draft to sea going ship for around 3-6 months. We had them onboard for 3 months at the start of the year but there was talk of it being longer.

You’ll do a task book on ship and possibly do some sea time, you’ll get qualified as a WE roundsman first and then you will do your ET2-1 safety check and upon completion of that and your task book (journal as it’s now called) and also your CBRNDC task book (damage control and firefighting) you will sit a PE board which will consist of a walk around various compartments and some Q&A, this will be around 2 hours approx. You’ll then be classed as an ET1 eligible for promotion. All the while doing this you will he on leading hands pay and you will be a probationary leading hand, you won’t really be in a higher position of power then the senior ET’s.

After all of this you will go to collingwood and do your leading hands technical course in your streaming preference, weapons, sensors, CIS, submariner etc. These courses are usually 6-12 months I’m guessing.

Upon completion of this you will then join a ship as a Leading Hand with a leading hands jounrnal, you complete this, do all the right stuff, impress the right people you become eligible for selection to PO. It’s quick now the selection process.

I hope this helps

Skimmerlad123

Midshipman
So 10 weeks basic it however long it is now in Raleigh.

However long your phase 2 trade training is in collingwood, I’m guessing around 6 months.

Then you’ll get a draft to sea going ship for around 3-6 months. We had them onboard for 3 months at the start of the year but there was talk of it being longer.

You’ll do a task book on ship and possibly do some sea time, you’ll get qualified as a WE roundsman first and then you will do your ET2-1 safety check and upon completion of that and your task book (journal as it’s now called) and also your CBRNDC task book (damage control and firefighting) you will sit a PE board which will consist of a walk around various compartments and some Q&A, this will be around 2 hours approx. You’ll then be classed as an ET1 eligible for promotion. All the while doing this you will he on leading hands pay and you will be a probationary leading hand, you won’t really be in a higher position of power then the senior ET’s.

After all of this you will go to collingwood and do your leading hands technical course in your streaming preference, weapons, sensors, CIS, submariner etc. These courses are usually 6-12 months I’m guessing.

Upon completion of this you will then join a ship as a Leading Hand with a leading hands jounrnal, you complete this, do all the right stuff, impress the right people you become eligible for selection to PO. It’s quick now the selection process.

I hope this helps
Really helpful information! Thanks a lot!

Now it’s just a waiting game.

Secret_Sqirrel

Midshipman
As it says on the RN website you start at the 31,000 rate of pay. You will be starting as a probationary leading rate (hence the higher salary) BUT you will undergo the same initial training (HMS Raleigh) as your ET counterparts and be treated the same. I hope that clarifies things :)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

Day one, Raleigh.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Accelerated Apprenticeship scheme (Air Engineering) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
A accelerated apprenticeship air engineer intake dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Civil servants join accelerated apprenticeship MoD News 0
P Accelerated Apprenticeship selection Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 45
P Accelerated apprenticeship second interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
N Any Accelerated Apprenticeship Scheme: Marine Engineers here? Joining the Royal Navy 31
C Accelerated Apprenticeship Training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
soleil FB: HMS Sultan: "It's An Air Engineering First For Accelerated Apprentices" Bases / Shore Est 6
J Accelerated apprentice scheme in marine engineering Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
S Accelerated Scheme Vs Standard Entry Joining the Royal Navy 1
crash_evans Royal Navy Accelerated Apprentice (AA) Scheme Pipelines (AE/ME/WE) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
N ACCELERATED APPRENTICE SCHEME (MARINE ENGINEERING) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
A Accelerated Apprentice Selection Chances Joining the Royal Navy 2
O How long is the professional training durring the accelerated appreticeship scheme(Air engineering) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
MoD_RSS Press release: Homes England funds first homes through local authority accelerated construction programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Accelerated degrees approved by MPs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Construction of thousands of new homes to be accelerated following Homes England loan to St. Modwen MoD News 0
Ninja_Stoker ACCELERATED APPRENTICE SCHEME – MARINE, WEAPONS, AIR AND SUBMARINER ENGINEERS - 2018 UPDATE Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
J Accelerated Apprentice Scheme Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers league table launches MoD News 0
Gematria GCSE Science - Advanced Apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
MoD_RSS Amanda Spielman at the Annual Apprenticeship Conference 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SLC celebrates Scottish Apprenticeship Week MoD News 0
M Seaman Apprenticeship length? RFA 10
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ themed National Apprenticeship Week (NAW2020) round up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2020 in the Foreign Office MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parents urged to look beyond apprenticeship misconceptions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2020 in ODP MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ with an apprenticeship this National Apprenticeship Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 national winners announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Get ‘Fired Up’ for National Apprenticeship Week 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ announced as the theme for National Apprenticeship Week 2020 MoD News 0
M Air Engineer Apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Apprenticeship at GAD - Mary's story MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DfE surpasses apprenticeship target two years in a row MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 regional winners announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS September apprenticeship payment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Apprenticeship opportunity at MAIB MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 regional finalists announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Glasgow employer launches Graduate Apprenticeship Programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ESFA calls on small and medium sized apprenticeship employers and supporting training providers to help develop the apprenticeship service MoD News 0
P Marine Engineering apprenticeship vs Regular intake Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS News story: The race is on! Showcase your success stories at the National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Second birthday celebrations for the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network MoD News 0
Shipscat79 RFA Communications Apprenticeship RFA 11
MoD_RSS News story: Key facts you should know about the apprenticeship levy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UKHO apprentice wins Somerset Apprenticeship Award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: National Apprenticeship Week 2019 - as it happens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: National Apprenticeship Week 2019 - as it happens MoD News 0