Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accelerated apprentice scheme in marine engineering

John 243

Currently a qualified electrician applying to start accelerated apprentice scheme I was wondering when my wage goes to 33000 as been told 3 different things currently on abit more and can’t afford to take the hit for longer than a year

crash_evans

War Hero
You will join on the LET basic pay scale £32,105 (SUPP 3) and will annually increase pay scales up to Level 5. You would stand still for the first 2 years in this rank (the same as any new rank). You will receive the £33,008 at year 3, which will tie in with the 107 weeks of your course, when you will be promoted substantive LET.

soleil

War Hero
Currently a qualified electrician applying to start accelerated apprentice scheme I was wondering when my wage goes to 33000 as been told 3 different things currently on abit more and can’t afford to take the hit for longer than a year

Be sure to look at things in the round, too, John, for instance, you may be eligible for Service Family Accommodation which will help financially, or be able to buy using Forces Help to Buy. You will save on gym memberships etc. Other allowances will also apply, so the calculation when looking at your finances is a bit more complicated than just the simple salary one.

John 243

So after basic training(10 weeks) I will be up to 32105 I know it sounds all I’m bothered is money but currently making over 35000 a year and can’t afford to take the hit for to long I understand there’s a lot more benefits than my current job but can’t afford to be on less than 20000 for more than a year

crash_evans

War Hero
Crash Evans says "You will join on the LET basic pay scale £32,105 (SUPP 3)".

You will not enter on the New Entrant Rate Of Pay (NERP) due to you holding the academic qualification to be a LH. However, due to your lack of military and trade experience you cannot initially become a Leading Hand.

T&B, you have to make the decision based on this entry pay for 2 years and the other areas you can take a hit on financially that @soleil has mentioned above. Most notably, if you have a SEA/SHORE assignment for 6 months or more you will qualify for Service Housing (subject to marital cat).

John 243

Just passed my medical fitness tests to go then fingers crossed I get a place as Iv been informed only 20 places a year and intake will be November

soleil

War Hero
Just passed my medical fitness tests to go then fingers crossed I get a place as Iv been informed only 20 places a year and intake will be November

Have you done the RT? I was going to give you a link to some sample questions, but I think you may have done it already.

Sounds very positive.

Check out a newspaper called Navy News at somewhere like W H Smith so that you can bring yourself up to date with current deployments etc.

Cam65

Midshipman
They took 27 this year expecting to lose some during basic , however one PVR'd after 4 weeks and all the others passed out on Friday. The plan was to recruit 24, but they will have 2 extra on the course at Sultan this year

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Accelerated Apprentice Scheme (AE) CP level Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
crash_evans Royal Navy Accelerated Apprentice (AA) Scheme Pipelines (AE/ME/WE) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
N ACCELERATED APPRENTICE SCHEME (MARINE ENGINEERING) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Ninja_Stoker ACCELERATED APPRENTICE SCHEME – MARINE, WEAPONS, AIR AND SUBMARINER ENGINEERS - 2018 UPDATE Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
J Accelerated Apprentice Scheme Joining the Royal Navy 4
K Accelerated Apprentice Marine Engineer chance?! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A Accelerated Apprentice Selection Chances Joining the Royal Navy 2
soleil FB: HMS Sultan: "It's An Air Engineering First For Accelerated Apprentices" Bases / Shore Est 6
S Accelerated Scheme Vs Standard Entry Joining the Royal Navy 1
E Accelerated Apprenticeship scheme (Air Engineering) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Accelerated Apprenticeship Pay (WE) Joining the Royal Navy 20
A accelerated apprenticeship air engineer intake dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
O How long is the professional training durring the accelerated appreticeship scheme(Air engineering) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
MoD_RSS News story: Civil servants join accelerated apprenticeship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Homes England funds first homes through local authority accelerated construction programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Accelerated degrees approved by MPs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Construction of thousands of new homes to be accelerated following Homes England loan to St. Modwen MoD News 0
P Accelerated Apprenticeship selection Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 45
P Accelerated apprenticeship second interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
N Any Accelerated Apprenticeship Scheme: Marine Engineers here? Joining the Royal Navy 31
C Accelerated Apprenticeship Training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Employers encouraged to sign up for apprentice cash boost MoD News 0
7 Joining the RFA as a chef apprentice RFA 8
A Apprentice RFA 7
MoD_RSS Vacancy: Publications Officer (Apprentice) MoD News 0
C Apprentice chef RFA 2
M Comms Apprentice Accomodation RFA 5
C-Roi Comms Apprentice in September RFA 5
C-Roi RFA Comms Apprentice Interview RFA 9
MoD_RSS Sellafield Ltd Apprentice Recruitment MoD News 0
C Life at worthy down as a RFA chef apprentice RFA 12
T Apprentice chef RFA 18
S RFA seamanship apprentice RFA 4
C-Roi RFA Communications Apprentice RFA 34
N How tough is the competition to become a chef apprentice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Comms apprentice training question RFA 1
S Communication Apprentice-Questions RFA 1
J Weapons engineer advanced apprentice Scheme Selection 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 7
S Chef Apprentice course RFA 24
E RFA APPRENTICE MARINE ENGINEER INTAKE 2019 RFA 1
B RFA chef apprentice. Joining the Royal Navy 21
MoD_RSS News story: UKHO apprentice wins Somerset Apprenticeship Award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: HM Land Registry Apprentice wins award MoD News 0
W Apprentice steward Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
G Joining RFA as apprentice rating (but have a CoC) RFA 3
L Apprentice Engineer March 19 RFA 10
B New Joiners (Seaman Apprentice) Jan 2018 RFA 4
Popeye1974 Seamanship Apprentice RFA 20
H Does a Chef Apprentice have deep sea diving training for when fish stocks are low? RFA 29
T RFA engineer Apprentice RFA 13