AC...help!

slim

War Hero
Waspie said:
scriv said:
But basically, who would want an easy job? I'd much rather take the stress of AC than be a crumb brusher to be honest. Log (Pers) is not particularly interesting either I imagine. Sitting in an office sifting through leave applications and processing currency trades aren't the romantic life the navy can give you.

Everyone has a job to do bud.

Some may not be as romantic as you put it. But as the they say, it's a team effort.

What happens to your leave if someone doesn't sift leave apps?!!!!

'Crumb brushers' as you put it, probably have a greater chance to seek like employment when they leave the service.

Get some time under your belt before you slag off other trades.

Waspie

Remember two things in life:

1. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. :lol: :D

2. Everybody takes the piss out of Stewards, lets face it they are a total waste of space in this day and age. A hangover from when occiffers could afford their own manservent, these days most of them can't aford to buy a round for their division :p :oops:

LRD2002

Midshipman
Thanks for your reply Scriv, i've tried to PM you but i don't think its working? Can you send me a message then i can reply.

Thanks,
Laura

scriv said:
I'm halfway through basic having joined as an AC.
So, what the fcuk do you know then?
scriv said:
It worries me that everyone looks at me in shock upon hearing I'm AC. They all talk about how hard a job it is.
Why? Do you look like Joey Deacon?
scriv said:
But basically, who would want an easy job? I'd much rather take the stress of AC than be a crumb brusher to be honest. Log (Pers) is not particularly interesting either I imagine. Sitting in an office sifting through leave applications and processing currency trades aren't the romantic life the navy can give you.

Again, how the fcuk would you know? Let's see how exciting you think your job is when your answering phones in Culdrose admin or plotting Notams. All the while the "Crumb-brushers" etc are cutting around the Bondu in Afghanistan doing out of area jobs.
scriv said:
I am also in mid-twenties in very similar situation to you, so all I can say is that I would recommend you also go AC. From what I've seen so far, the maturity will help with the job, the pay is better and as a WAFU, you will always have a suntan. If you want to know anything about application process, FATs etc feel free to PM me.
You are a sprog who hasn't even passed basic, how can you recommend a job or how maturity will help?
scriv said:
The FATs were quite probably the toughest thing I have done in my life (mentally) but there is nothing in there to be worried about per se. The maths is very basic, it's the fact that you have to answer quickly, accurately and sometimes while doing something else.
And you're in your mid-twenties? My god you must have led a sheltered life.

Get some fcuking time in before you gob off about other branches you little tart, you're part of the RN not all of it. When all is said and done, you're an RP with an adqual so don't think that all the smoke being blown up your arrse by the AFCO means a fcuking thing. Our paths will almost certainly cross at some point, and for your sake you better have changed your attitude toward other branches.

Which tit is telling these fcukers that they are gods? Oh, hang on, it's always been like that. :roll: