AC Entry

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by C20, Mar 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. C20

C20

I passed my FATS mid Feb and was told by my careers officer that he would bid for a place as from then. He did tell me he expected it to be september-ish but just yesterday he called to tell me I have a medical in Gosport in August. Does this mean I will not be going to Raleigh until much later in the year or is September still possible?

2. That was a bit confusing. The FAT bit suggests you are going for an aircrew officer role but the bidding for a place and Raleigh bits suggest you are going for rating entry. Which is it and how do they all interconnect?

3. C20

C20

Rating entry as aircraft controller, I was rather surprised to realise I had to do FATS when I was told back in january. Then even more shocked to learn I need to do a aircrew style medical as well. The ruddy finishing line keeps seeming to move further and further away :?

4. Fair enough, I didn't know they did FATs either - every day's a school day

5. Well done one the FATs. Fun eh?

I appreciate waiting times are getting longer but an August medical is a fair wait - I passed my FATs in January and have my medical at Sultan the week after next.

WN

6. C20

C20

Fun isn't quite how I'd describe them :) You really don't have a clue how you're doing mid way through either do you?? Still, all over now!

Do you have a start date yet Woodrow?

7. No I don't have a start date yet. I didn't realise they start bidding for a place after you complete the FATs - I would've thought they'd wait to see the airman medical results first.

WN

8. C20

C20

That does make sense actually, I may be in for another shock if that's the case! Hope not though!