Abusive Bloggers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Richie, Oct 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I picked up this note from the “Guardian Unlimitedâ€, whilst I believe my own identity is readily transparent to those who know me; other individuals (for instance, bloggers to this site) may not want their own identity revealed (for whatever reason).

Does this “crisis†have the same relevance to Rum Ration?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2007/oct/22/news.blogging

2. Hmm.. could be an interesting way for the MoD to find out who everyone here is, especially as we're not supposed to be posting on blogs or forums

But then again, they know that RR exists, and haven't said anything so far..

3. Not all derogatory remarks are defamitory. I can say that Gordon Brown is a liar and a cheat, that is documented in television and newpaper reports. We all have heard his lies spoken in television news programs and seen his cheating of the British people as in the promise of a referendum that he now refuses to let happen.

So all these blogs and forums need to be read carefully and then read again before taking action that may prove to to have been not lies or defamation at all and they make a fool of themselves.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It was't me; it was my twisted half-brother wot did it... 8O :fart:

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

If the CO's where to say they were journo's and say produced a leaflet or newsletter every couple of months (Like they've got the time) based on the goings on of arrse, rr and rearparty then we are all technically classed as "sources" so they wouldn't have to release any names....then again I'm my half sisters mothers goat masquarading as my half brothers long lost goldfish cousin whilst on here.

6. I'm so fortunate that I have access to my bestest friend in the whole wide world's computer [cue grammar critics]. I also have a suspicion that someone has hacked my password and is posting things on here that are nothing to do with me!

7. Contributor Mode

Time and time again this is repeated and still people are suprised when they come a tumble.

DO NOT PUT INTO ANY WRITTEN FORM SOME THING YOU CANNOT BACK UP IN 50 YEARS TIME OR LESS.

If you cannot back it up then do not commit it to print in any form including e-mails to friends. Except, wearing rubber latex gloves, cut letters out of a newspaper you purchased while wearing gloves and stick the letters onto a sheet of paper with a pritstick then place in a self sealing envelope you have not handled except with gloves. Get the kid down the road to write the address on a sticky label, stamps are now self adhesive. Post the same, near impossible to detect but you will not get a wide circulation.

Nutty

8. Is he that good a friend he will do time for contempt of court when the judge asks "who used your PC?"

If not don't use it.

Nutty