Abu Qatada

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rod-gearing, Feb 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently the goverment want him to go back to Jordan but she has said she's moved on and found someone else.

2. Taxi for one.

3. Q:Whats the difference between Dwight York and the Israeli army?
    A:The Israeli army knew when to pull out of Jordan.

4. That KFS course has paid off.
    Us peasants are still on "Taxi for me".

5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I hope he falls down an open manhole cover into a basement of oiled up, leather clad gentlemen who worship the phallus and arse.

And blokes with big bushy beards.

6. I think I've seen that film.
    Doesnt the donkey die in the end?

• Like Like x 1
  7. 7.62 headache

8. Das Boot-The directors cut?

• Like Like x 1
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

10. It's a fucking nonsense these European lawyers meddling in our legal affairs, the ECHR was not set up to protect vile scum like Quatada, he is wanted in 9 countries on terror related charges. He and his family have forfeited any claim they may have had to our hospitality. Just put the twat and his tribe on a plane to Jordan and tell Europe to go and fuck themselves. It's as though these lawyers are telling a sovereign country that we can overrule your justice system whenever we feel like it, a pox on all their houses.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jump down off that fence Finky! What are you trying to say?? :laughing2:

12. sgtpepperband

And breath! Too many mixed topics in there Finksy Winksy - and too many opportunities to rip your rant apart - however I will concentrate on your comment "...and tell Europe to go fuck themselves" which will certainly endear you to the thousands of British industries that rely on commercial relationships with the continent in order to survive these days. And regardless of your limited knowledge of how the ECHR operates, it has also worked in our favour many times (such as overuling appeals against allegations of human rights breaches, etc.) and has helped incarcerate many dangerous criminals, regardless of their ethnicity or nationality. If you were in the same position as AQ, would not also throw yourself upon the mercy of the Court in order to secure your safety? Hmm, thought so... :roll:

Anyway, those of us who work in or with the legal profession will concur; decisions like this one are never personal - they only change the manner in which we operate, but do not prevent us doing our job. If a legal decision is overturned then our determination means that we will seek alternative (legal) means to achieve the same aim, and become more professional as a result. The Home Office may have lost this battle today, but it has not lost the war.

13. And the only winners are the legal teams $$$

14. sgtpepperband

So what? That's the price you pay for advising lawyers to act on your behalf. And if you truly value your liberty, then any price is worth paying, right..?

15. SPB, thank you for your input, firstly trade with Europe has nothing to do with the situation we are discussing here and ignoring the ruling of ECHR by sending this scum back to Jordan would have no impact on that trade, if you think otherwise I would be eager to know your reasons?

It is supercilious of you to assume that others have no knowledge of how the judicial system works whereas you attempt and fail to put forward the impression that you are the fount of all knowledge legal.

You may say that HMG by following the ruling of ECHR regarding Qatada are honouring a promise made, well we all know how good politicians are at breaking promises so sending this shite to Jordan would just be a another broken promise and would be no big deal

Yes I know it isn’t over until the fat lady sings.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  16. Sorry SPB but I have to agree with a lot of the thoughts of Finky on this one, the guy is a frigging raghead who does not deserve the attention he is getting, so forget the shite about lawyers, we all know how they rip off people. Never mind about mixed topics, the bastard should be sent back toute suite. Why do we have to waste words and thoughts about such a despicable git, a double tap would have been the answer-----calling Mr Bond.:laughing2:

17. Trouble is...i`m having to pay for his defence and his prosecution. Seeing as he`s an illegal alien, we should deport him back to his homeland, and because i`ve wasted so much money on this scum already, we shouldn`t bother with the landing fees...35,000ft is close enough. Mind the step.

18. Sorry SPB, but I live in a country that is ruled by the legal fraternity. I have seen what these esteemed people can get up to and get away with...

19. Aye just look at the bad calls CPS have made, bringing people to trials that cost the taxpayer millions only to see the accused walk free. They should make sure that they have a watertight case before bringing proceeding, the Harry Redknapp case being a recent example, I heard that trial cost us £5 million!

As my old fella used to say, 'lawyers; licence to print money'.

20. Actually, the CPS bears the cost itself and the trials involving Redknapp AND Mandaric etc only cost HMRC just £300,000 combined.

Total cost nearer 1.5 million.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012