Abu Qatada can be deported

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgtpepperband, Feb 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The Law Lords have given the go-ahead for the deportation from the UK of the radical cleric Abu Qatada.

Five Lords unanimously threw out his appeal against returning to Jordan, where he faces jail for terrorism.

[More here...]

2. I will quite gladly pay my TAX pounds for that!!!!

3. Not just yet the EU court of human rights are bound to over turn it. Round the bouy again!

4. sgtpepperband

RN_C: Which is why I titled the thread "CAN be deported" not "WILL"... :roll:

5. I'll still pay!!!!!!

6. As he has not yet appealed to the ECHR, perhaps they could get him out before he has a chance to appeal. Mind you this is the Home Office sincew when have they been quick of the mark about anything, unlike their minister who can get an expenses clain in in no time at all apparently.

7. We could always set him free and give him a backpack and a ticket for the London underground. "Hello. Is that the Met?"

8. Lets hope they are awake that day!

9. We can only live in the dream......

10. For my money he should have simply 'disappeared'.... 8)

11. I expect we are the mugs that pay for this evil scums license to print money lawyers.

12. To RN Commando - ZBZ 5 QRV

NNNN

13. It would be interesting to know, as he has been here since the early 90"s, how much money he has cost us?
    Both in social security and human rights lawyers.
    Jordan is welcome to him, and let"s hope we can send some of his oppos with him||

14. Dame Stella has observed that the law is an arse on terrorism,spying on the ordinary joe goes on while this ******** gets away with bloody murder

15. Well here's a sample of what it costs us:

Until Strasbourg has its say, you will continue to pick up the £50,000 a year bill for keeping Qatada in high security prison, plus £50,000 a year in benefits for former asylum seeker's wife and five children, who live in an £800,000 house in west London.

:evil:

16. Who says crime and terrrorism does not pay eh?

Taxi for Jordan!

17. sgtpepperband

Please substantiate your figures, Fink... :?

18. Isn't it strange how someone who hates the West fights so hard to stay in it?

19. I googled it and was negligent in not jotting the link down on my notepad but it should be an easy task for a sleuth such as your good self to track it down, it was in one of the more reputable newspapers, if there is such a thing.