Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abraham Lincoln

ahoy!

Midshipman
Was old Abe thinking of Covid 19 (Health/wealth syndrome) when he wrote?/said:-

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.​

Wightsparker

War Hero
Was old Abe thinking of Covid 19 (Health/wealth syndrome) when he wrote?/said:-

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.​

Lincoln nicked the quote from Harry Flashman.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
@ahoy! , are you implying covid 19 is a con?

Can you explain your post and what you are trying to get across?

If not I'll move the thread to a more appropriate forum.

ahoy!

Midshipman
@ahoy! , are you implying covid 19 is a con?

Can you explain your post and what you are trying to get across?

If not I'll move the thread to a more appropriate forum.
Activity from other circulating respiratory viruses was similar to levels reported in 2011/12. Two novel respiratory viruses emerged in 2012/13, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in the Middle East and avian-origin influenza A(H7N9) in Eastern China. Both have high reported case fatality ratios, with the source of both viruses yet to be established. Four cases of MERS-CoV infection were identified in the UK but there have been no cases of influenza A(H7N9) infection. Surveillance procedures established in the UK for travellers returning with severe disease are on-going while the risk remains
Influenza
Influenza- call it what you will-is a virus -and for time being- incurable.
Winter flu has long taken its toll of the over 65's.
Perhaps, unlike me, you can find the comparable death figures from winter flu and its new name corona virus for lets say the past 40 years or so. You will be unsuccessful.
The Spanish flu at WW1's end was something to be worried about
Now you know you can use your Super-whatever it is you are called- to send it to wherever takes your fancy.

Dusty70

War Hero
'Now you know you can use your Super-whatever it is you are called- to send it to wherever takes your fancy'.

oooooo That's a naughty step comment if ever I've seen one..................................

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Activity from other circulating respiratory viruses was similar to levels reported in 2011/12. Two novel respiratory viruses emerged in 2012/13, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in the Middle East and avian-origin influenza A(H7N9) in Eastern China. Both have high reported case fatality ratios, with the source of both viruses yet to be established. Four cases of MERS-CoV infection were identified in the UK but there have been no cases of influenza A(H7N9) infection. Surveillance procedures established in the UK for travellers returning with severe disease are on-going while the risk remains
Influenza
Influenza- call it what you will-is a virus -and for time being- incurable.
Winter flu has long taken its toll of the over 65's.
Perhaps, unlike me, you can find the comparable death figures from winter flu and its new name corona virus for lets say the past 40 years or so. You will be unsuccessful.
The Spanish flu at WW1's end was something to be worried about
Now you know you can use your Super-whatever it is you are called- to send it to wherever takes your fancy.
Nice history lesson..now what's your point, before I use my Super-whatever!

I don't quite understand this. Although, I might have to say that the history lesson somehow helped in understanding what you said. Still. I think that the post is not that clear, not just to me but for other people as well. It would be really better if your point was made clear because this got me curious and I want to understand it.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I don't quite understand this. Although, I might have to say that the history lesson somehow helped in understanding what you said. Still. I think that the post is not that clear, not just to me but for other people as well. It would be really better if your point was made clear because this got me curious and I want to understand it.
Probably because it's lost in translation, I see you're in the Philippines so maybe English is not your first language?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Septic being first language I assume followed by Philipino THEN maybe English!!!!!
Considering the US involvement in the Philippines you'd think he/she would know about Abe and his quotes, there again it may be a septic sat down, proudly wearing his red MAGA cap and still insisting Donald won so history, implying some sort of formal education, doesn't enter in to it.

Latest Threads