'Above us the Waves'

Discussion in 'History' started by Seaweed, Jan 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Well, sort of history tweaked to make the film - John Mills, John Gregson, Donald Sinden - about the X-craft attack on the Tirpitz. Might see some actual X-craft - we still had a couple in 1956, Minnow and Stickleback.

Channel 4 1335 tomorrow Thursday 27th.
  2. Bugger I'm in work. Good film
  3. Reminder to self must set alarm clock following end of night shifts, Nice way to start my 2 weeks off I think.
  4. One of the X craft survivors was my skipper in Albion 63/65 - Capt Basil Charles Godfrey Place VC etc, I believe he made Admiral before crossing the bar.

He was of really small stature, but having seen inside the midget sub in Dolphin, I think he would still have had problems moving about, still got to admire that they did what they did.
  5. It is a while since I have seen this one though I am pretty sure that at least some of the internal shots are pretty authentic. As the film was releases on Jan 1 55 certainly there should have been X craft available for the film
  6. Did anyone else pick on the line by Micheal Medwin when he said something about Stewards blowing up Admirals? 8O