About Function Skills

Hello,

Probably a stupid question however I may as well ask.

Starting the RFA Apprenticeship and I've been sent Level 1 functional skills booklets. If I already have qualifications higher than their level 1 equivalents IE: Level 3 ICT and GCSE English, is it still a mandatory requirement to re-do these exam/tests.

Thank you

Klanky67

Lantern Swinger
If you have English or Welsh qualifications that are equivalent to Level 3 then you don't have to do that week but they will give you some associated work to do. I was exempt maths but decided to sit in with the class and do the course to refresh myself and assist others.

It didn't alienate myself from the rest like one lad in the same position managed to do.

The FS instructors are civvies and are quite happy for you to assist them.
I just didn't do the exam at the end. It was quite amusing to join in though.

If you've any Scottish GCSE's or A levels they don't count!!!! Much to the annoyance of the 3 jocks on our course - endless dripping

So @Travel Bug when were you at Raleigh?

If you have English or Welsh qualifications that are equivalent to Level 3 then you don't have to do that week but they will give you some associated work to do. I was exempt maths but decided to sit in with the class and do the course to refresh myself and assist others.

It didn't alienate myself from the rest like one lad in the same position managed to do.

The FS instructors are civvies and are quite happy for you to assist them.
I just didn't do the exam at the end. It was quite amusing to join in though.

If you've any Scottish GCSE's or A levels they don't count!!!! Much to the annoyance of the 3 jocks on our course - endless dripping

So @Travel Bug when were you at Raleigh?
I only have GCSE English and Level 3 ICT (A* Equivalent)! This may sound stupid, I'm not the strongest with exams do you think it would be worth mentioning it to the FS Staff or not? Knowledge wise I've always been okay just terrible with the test/exams, Thanks again!

Klanky67

Lantern Swinger
It's a really relaxed learning environment. You'll do a quick multi guess test in your first week which will grade you. You can the discuss with the instructor the next week how and what you want to do. Don't stress at all, I can honestly assure you there's no need to get worked up. The learning is actually quite a good craic, as long as you fellow course mates aren't too serious. Trust me

Last edited:

Latest Threads