Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by dyst0piate, Dec 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know any exercises that tone the lower part of the abs, and the love handle area? It's the last bastion of beer ponch, but is proving difficult to flatten. I rarely drink anymore.

I currently only do decline sit ups with med ball, but only about 40 with my other routines. Would you need to do a full ab routine perhaps? And more varied exercises?
  2. Leg Raises,
    Floor wipers (Google them)
    Flutter kicks
    Weighted leg raises
    Knees to chest (Hanging from a pull-up bar)
    Sit-ups with twist
  3. It's fat. You won't be able to lose weight off one particular area. Build your abs by all means, but to start with you may actually look fatter until you lose the pies.
  4. Yeh I know that too, and I do generous amounts of cardio, and lay off the pies. It's just quite stubborn :s
  5. All the exercises will do is make your abs stronger, you will have to look at your diet to get your desired results.
  6. Thanks, I will look into them. I know you can't spot burn fat, but I just neglected my abs a bit before, so thought that might be the weak link. Cheers.
  7. Bridges work, as they strengthen the core, without plumping-out your abs. You will have better posture and may look slimmer (and certainly better at running/swimming/**** sex.
  8. It's not gay unless you push back.

On topic- A good core workout is kneeling (or if you can do that easily enough) standing ab wheel roll outs.
    Landmines also work the obliques, which is the area that you are refering to dyst0piate.