Abbreviations

Morning all, could anyone help in explaining the abbreviations NSC NEF. I was down the Falklands recently and received some mail on my return which was redirected to me by mistake. I think it's something to do with Naval Party 2010 down there.

Thanks in advance

N

Nippit

Morning all, could anyone help in explaining the abbreviations NSC NEF. I was down the Falklands recently and received some mail on my return which was redirected to me by mistake. I think it's something to do with Naval Party 2010 down there.

Thanks in advance
No significant Change Naval Expeditionary Force ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Provide your contribution to the acronyms NSC NEF. For my part I only know NEF as Naval Expeditionary Force.
Never having it heard or said otherwise.

What do you think it refers to?
This a perfect example of the need for context, rather than throwing together random words to match the initials supplied.

Perhaps some haven't played the random guessing game because they don't know the answer so keep shtum until they know what they're talking about?

That was a hint Nippit ;)

Spud, was there branch, or any rate etc, in the letters address, might give people an idea where the person worked, or even if they were RN, therefore narrowing down where to look.

N

Nippit

Thanks in advance
upload_2017-5-22_10-49-9.png

N

Nippit

Thanks in advance
Sorry, but Navy Support Command Naval Expeditionary Force is the best I can come up with.
Someone with more recent RN Knowledge will put us both right, I'm sure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Borman The Fleet 68
S Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
B History 4