AB Peter Smith.

It is with regret I am reporting the death of my friend Peter Smith. Late of HMS Sheffield, (The Cruiser) And the Aircraft Carrier HMS Perseus. Peter crossed the bar last Sunday,24th April after a brave fight with His illness. Peter was originally from Lancashire, but had lived in His beloved Greencastle,Co Donegal for 30+ Years. His dits were many, and always entertaining.(He was on Sheffield when 'Sink the Bismark' was being filmed) Condolences to His wife Gladys, and His many friends in the Greencastle Maritime Museum, (Of which He was a pillar) and the Shanty Bar (which we occasionally frequented for a tot). And the wider area. RIP my friend.Peter at reception.jpg .

Hi Sarking,

I am dearly sorry for your loss.
I have a missing Grand Uncle named Peter Smith, and his sister, my grandmother is still with us today and doing great. She mentioned he had been on the HMS Perseus. But that he was on submarines from Portsmouth. Most notably he was on the HMS Trident with Commander Geoffrey Sladen when he brought back the two reindeer but only one survived.

Would you know who to contact him and.. if in fact the peter smith you are talking about is him?
The last we heard of him was 1950s when he sent a letter saying he was putting his boat away.

Thank you kindly and sorry for your loss,
Fraser Burch

Waspie

War Hero
RIP, condolences for the loss of your friend. It sounds like he was one of life's characters. Sad loss for you my friend.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Audlem Road, Stapeley, Nantwich and land off Peter De Stapeleigh Way, Nantwich (refs: 2197532/2197529 - 15 July 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKHO appoints RAdm Peter Sparkes as Acting Chief Executive following the retirement of CEO Tim Lowe CBE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New skills for Peter during covid-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A message of thanks from Peter Schofield MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extension of Peter Clarke’s tenure as HM Chief Inspector of Prisons MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to FT article and Twitter thread by Peter Foster MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Peter volunteers to help the community MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Peter Lauener appointed Chair of the Student Loans Company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extension of Peter Clarke’s tenure as HM Chief Inspector of Prisons MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Carol Hui, Robin Frewer, Peter Gowers, Karin Sheppard appointed as Board Members of the British Tourism Authority MoD News 0
soleil BBC: John Noakes (Blue Peter) 'At The Controls' Of A Hercules (1975) The Fleet Air Arm 1
MoD_RSS Peter Homa appointed as New Director General Defence Medical Services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Extension of Peter Ainsworth’s term as Chair and Nat Sloane’s term as the England Committee Chair at the National Lottery Community Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Peter Dewfall joins BPDTS Ltd’s Executive Team MoD News 0
soleil Telegraph: "Captain Peter Grindal – Obituary" Current Affairs 1
Ageing_Gracefully Book Comp: Snow & Steel by Peter Caddick-Adams Competitions 9
scouse Lt Cdr Peter Davis The Fleet Air Arm 4
D St Peter and the Pearly Gates. Miscellaneous 1
soleil Pompey News: Peter Twiss: " ‘One Of The Last Great Pioneers’ " The Fleet Air Arm 3
MoD_RSS Blue Peter takes to the skies with the Navy Current Affairs 16
soleil W. Morning News: "Blue Peter's Helen Is Latest Forces' Recruit" The Fleet Air Arm 17
G asking a question about Russian navy's Peter the Great The Fleet 0
scouse Irish Trainer,Peter Casey..Live at Leopardstown yesterday Sports and Adventure Training 0
Naval_Gazer RIP - Lt Cdr Peter Twiss OBE DSC* RN The Fleet Air Arm 3
Subsunk 'The Wolf' by Richard Guilliatt & Peter Hohnen - Corgi, ISBN 978-0-552-15705-6 The Book Club 1
F Death of Peter Falk Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
The_Caretaker 3 Nuns and St Peter Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker St Peter Land Ops 0
soleil HMAS Sydney: new book by Captain Peter Hore RN History 0
soleil CSS Awards to Lt Peter Reed and Lt Cdr Micky Norford Sports and Adventure Training 2
Scrumpy Blue Peter The Gash Barge 33
slim Peter Mandelson Current Affairs 19
Joint_Force_Harrier Peter Barlow Coronation Street Diamond Lil's 28
onions Peter Sambourne and Dreadnought Submariners 3
soleil Captain Peter Norton GC - Freefall Jump with the Red Devils Charity 0
C Blue Peter prmc film The Corps 5
W Peter Kay Jokes Diamond Lil's 3
C Paratrooper Cpl. Peter Thorpe - Appeal for Donations Charity 17
MoD_RSS Letter from Chloe Smith MP to Gianluca Esposito MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMA Kate Smith’s outreach engagement continues MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on further extension by HMA Kate Smith for Brits in Greece MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM appoints Baroness Ruby McGregor-Smith as OfTI Chair MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Effective solutions to gender issues should be sustained: speech by Philip Smith MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Professor Sir Adrian Smith appointed to provide advice on the future of European and international collaboration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Chloe Smith speech at SOLACE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Jennifer Smith and Jackline Wahba reappointed to the MAC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Lieutenant General Mark Carleton-Smith appointed new Chief of the General Staff MoD News 0
C MRAF Harris and Fl LT Ian Smith History 7
Mad Missus Miggins The John Smith’s Grand National 2013 Sports and Adventure Training 45
C Those in Peril by Wilbur Smith The Book Club 6