AB Chris Johnstone

Don't know if this topic has been posted recently, I've been away.

AB Chris Johnstone of HMS Eaglet died last week whilst on a diving course. I understand he was ex-regular so some people here might know him.

I knew Chris briefly, and I wish to extend my condolences to his family.

The funeral will be at HMS Eaglet next Friday.

Pompey News article

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
I only met Johno the once very recently at the EAGLET footy tournement. I spoke with him because i saw the divers badge on his 4's and have been looking into joining the diving branch. He was a really nice bloke. Very friendly and happy to put himself out to help others. I was really suprised and saddened to hear about his loss.

Condolenses to all his friends and family.

I was on the intitial RNR Divers course with Johno earlier this year and have been greatly saddened by his death. He was a fantastic guy who was a key member of the team on that course. He will be missed by all the RNR Divers and by everyone else who knew him.

My thoughts and prayers go to his family.

For anyone who missed it, this statement was released by Cdr Paul Jones RN, the MoD's Superintendent of Diving, on 14 July 2008:

MoD Superintendent of Diving said:
Following the death of AB(D) Chris ‘Jonno’ Johnstone RNR at Horsea Island some weeks ago, I was able to attend his funeral at HMS EAGLET (Liverpool) last Friday. As an ex-AB Gunner / Ship’s Diver and with very strong RN links, Jonno’s family really appreciated the sense of occasion and I can report that HMS EAGLET Ship’s Company did the RN proud with a perfectly executed ceremonial funeral, followed by a splendid wake with a good sprinkling of serving and ex-CDs playing their part throughout.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Land Ops 0