Good evening ladies and gents, hope you’re all well. I am after some info to help me with my AAS(SM) interview coming up shortly if anyone could be so kind!
I have used the search button tool but I honestly can’t seem to put all the pieces of the jigsaw together. What is the actual training pipeline for AAS(SM) ?

If this is wrong please feel free and edit this paragraph but I think it’s something along the lines of this?
First would complete my 10 weeks basic training at HMS Raleigh. After that I would complete maritime engineering training at HMS Sultan, which lasts approx 5/6 months, the same as non accelerated marine engineering recruits?

A leading rates qualification course is to follow, before studying for my SMQ Dry, meanwhile I will be streamed to either MESM or WESM, on completion of SMQ dry, I will be drafted on my first boat, where my SMQ wet training begin.

Looking at the scheme using the search button has shown that the scheme is very popular and places are Extremely limited national wide, is this the case with submariners scheme also?

The Astute Class Haynes Manual is keeping me busy in terms of understanding boats and their weapon systems.

Any answers or advice relating the topic will be most appreciated.

thank you in advance

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Good evening ladies and gents, hope you’re all well. I am after some info to help me with my AAS(SM) interview coming up shortly if anyone could be so kind!
I have used the search button tool but I honestly can’t seem to put all the pieces of the jigsaw together. What is the actual training pipeline for AAS(SM) ?

If this is wrong please feel free and edit this paragraph but I think it’s something along the lines of this?
First would complete my 10 weeks basic training at HMS Raleigh. After that I would complete maritime engineering training at HMS Sultan, which lasts approx 5/6 months, the same as non accelerated marine engineering recruits?

A leading rates qualification course is to follow, before studying for my SMQ Dry, meanwhile I will be streamed to either MESM or WESM, on completion of SMQ dry, I will be drafted on my first boat, where my SMQ wet training begin.

Looking at the scheme using the search button has shown that the scheme is very popular and places are Extremely limited national wide, is this the case with submariners scheme also?

The Astute Class Haynes Manual is keeping me busy in terms of understanding boats and their weapon systems.

Any answers or advice relating the topic will be most appreciated.

thank you in advance
Hello, good evening to you too.
I think you’ve answered your own questions, apart from the being a ‘brief case ******’ in basic.
Anyway, good luck.