AACC your views

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by army, Dec 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello everyone,i was after some info on the views of RM's about the AACC as in are you pleased to work with those that have passed the all arms or do you think that they are "not worthy" so to speak any answers would be great

2. Can't resist. Isn't this a strange first post? No introduction, no reason why you should ask such a provocative question, no sense of the commando spirit...

IMD

3. Does Norman spring to mind???????

4. Ok I'll nibble :)
    AACC is just a series of fitness tests at the end of the day, there is no weeks and weeks of initial training followed by secondary training to imbibe the commando spirit. People that pass the AACC have the right to wear the Green Beret and Commando flash, but they have no right to expect or believe that they are as good as a Royal Marine.
    :)

5. That is, of course just my humble opinion, as an ex RMR/RM recruit with 20 years in the mob.

6. Hmm after a bite? OK then, without the Army Commandos we'd have to rely on Hats like you, Army wouldn't we? :muhaha:

7. They do perform a valuable role and all the lads I have worked with have been a good bunch! Sadly there are more and more "hats" joining the army commando units and they now seem to be out weighing the commando trained lads, which in my mind in a negative thing. Oh and dont get me started on the Devon and Doughnuts, oops sorry, 1 Rifles!

8. Deleted By NZB for knobism.

9. The only people I have ever heard use the term "hats" on a daily, regular, boring basis are thoses who have completed the AACC. Don't even go there with jumping out of aircraft dits. Whilst I have heard Royal Marines use it, it is far less frequent. Maybe they haven't got anything to prove.
    :rambo:

10. Apologies if I offeneded, I only used the term because it was previously mentioned and I was to lazy to type non-commando trained ranks with my fat fingers.

11. ...'not performing as promised'.........still good enough to get killed doing their duty though. Imagine if that post was from someone in the Rifles referring to the Marines, you'd be a bit p.issed off given the job their doing right now and with good reason.

12. fair one, enough said.

13. I admit it was a pish poor attempt at humour, I'll delete it.

14. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

My views on the AACC will probably be outdated but, from what I saw it was a real beasting for the lads on it, the lads I met who had passed it where top draw.

15. Bit like the daggers mate. Always had something more to prove and were given a good beasting on the bottom field.........so to speak!! :thumright:

Good to see you about blobbs

16. wet_blobby

Good to see you to mate, the AACC boys used to get a beat up out of Seaton barracks awhile ago, I'd been drafted to the Corps pasturelands for a bit and used to watch dreamily as they where hounded past me as I recovered/plotted my run ashores down Union Street, they did seem to be working a damn site harder than me.

17. It could be said that the 29 CDO lads were more pusser than Royal.

18. wet_blobby

59 had grots at seaton, not as pussers as 29, they really have got all pussers, bless.