AACC quezzie

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Taffd, Jun 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Let's suppose that billets exist for certain branches of matelot and such a matelot was thinking about attempting the AACC.

Are there standard pre-AACC courses that should be attended, or would said matelot have to do his own work-up?

If so, what would be the methods of gaining the required skills?

Grateful for any info.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

4. Many thanks for that Ninja.

Whilst it's helpful for stating the attendance criteria phys-wise, I'd sort of taken that as a given. I was thinking more in terms of where a matelot might be at a disadvantage compared to an Army type, as in field and weapons skills and whether there was some sort of Infantryman's course.

Or does the new 10-week Raleigh training cover everything required?
  5. Please to disregard the last, some basic research shows me that you've already answered that.

Others may now join in with the required abuse.

Thanks again.
  6. Really depends what branch you are and/or where you are drafted. There were a couple of MAs on my course who had been assigned to CTCRM sickbay for six months prior to AACC and who had joined in with some of the recruit troops for bottom field and general phys sessions. Schooly Officers assigned to CTCRM have done likewise, although I believe that this was more of an ad hoc arrangement.

If you happen to be assigned to 24/29/CLR etc then you may get an opportunity to join in with their beat-ups. I've heard mixed things about these courses in terms of blokes getting injured (or turning up on AACC with niggles etc) but they do appear to teach the fieldcraft basics very well. That said, AACC is a basic course and so you will be taught everything from scratch anyway.

Notwithstanding what Ninja Stoker has posted above, the only thing I would recommend to you is to make yourself as familiar as possible with the L85- especially with cleaning it! You are taught, but being good with this sort of personal admin can go a long way towards keeping you off the flank and/or out of the oggin.
  7. Matelot in question is only recently out of the box and is in a branch that could get drafted to a Commando unit. He's starting to realise that he's capable of much more than he's previously thought possible and the more he finds out about the services, the more possibilities he sees for his future career.

While the AACC would not be a necessity, it would be a huge advantage should he choose to pursue various paths. The info provided thus far gives me material for discussions with him.

8. Lots of "cloak and dagger" in these posts. ;-);-)
  9. Just my attempt to explain things without actually saying anything. You could all be spies, trying to pump me for info.

Say **** all's best.
  10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I give up.......?????????? WTF is going on.