a wee question

quin

Midshipman
Bollochs preecy just pure ferkin bollochs.
Greendeath' what the ferk is that title? Are you the green party assassin or something.
Greendeath' jesus what next.
Told you mate a good fire fight would have sorted your shite out, nothing like a swag of 81mm dropping around you and a good rake out with 50 cal and GPMG, that would have sorted your sinuses out, you wouldnt have had to write out your hard man stories then.
Failing that a great big sloppy kiss from jack ,aft of the bridge might have done you lotsa good.
Bindu who wrote "amongst the queens"

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Greendeath, I Know for a fact you were a Clerk so you were in accomodation with other clerks??.
Yeah come on, "I was forced into it, my name came up" La la la.
You've done well out of making the Corps look like a pack of idiots and you're continually raving about how cool/hard/respected you are, I think it's a shame if potential RM's are contacting you as they will be expecting all RMs to be like you. Go back to posing in front of the mirror in your Y fronts.
NZB

Greendeath

Lantern Swinger
Rubbish. I got pinged into the Clerks branch after coming back from N.I.
I never shared a grot with other C3s so you're wrong there. I also got all my requests granted to go on tours with other units as a grav because my seniors felt I was unfairly pinged into the quota system. Later I joined the Royal Marines Police as it was a way out. During that time I worked in the prisons during the prison officer strikes in 1988. However, given that I couldn't keep out of the brown stuff, I finally ended up being Court Martialled for a fracas with another MP who was keen on nicking my oppos. Summarily I was acquitted and left the Corps some time later.

Greendeath was the fighting name I used in the Thailand Boxing rings.

Like I said. Try reading the second book it may answer a few questions for you.

Cheers

Steve

quin

Midshipman
Greendeath was the name you used in the Thailand boxing rings' that sounds like another spinner.
I give up on you mate "The good ship Preece sails on"

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Greendeath said:

Like I said. Try reading the second book it may answer a few questions for you.
Cheers

Steve
Dear GD as I have stated before I read your 1st effort as a favour for a Librarian responsible for purchasing Military Non-Fiction for a Public Library.
I gave it a gash review. :mrgreen:
Since reading some of your posts on this site I have no regrets on that score and I will not even be attempting to pick up your 2nd load of bollix let alone read it, my loss maybe, but I think I can live with it.
Regards
NZB

Bungay

Midshipman
NZB,you only done five minutes in the Corps.
So short in fact you never had time to see any violence.
Quin rose colored glasses always looked nice on you

quin

Midshipman
Bungay in WA I agree with you, rose coloured glasses are nice to look through.
But what is this stuff about NZB only being in a dog watch and having no time to see any violence ,I bet you wouldn't be saying that to some sprog fresh out of training and straight out to the Gan present time. Christ they are seeing more concentrated violence than the corps has seen since Korea .
Anyway you dont need that experience to spot a nob.
Anyway enough of all this shite dont want to rave on anymore about it.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Bungay said:
NZB,you only done five minutes in the Corps.
So short in fact you never had time to see any violence.
Quin rose colored glasses always looked nice on you
Yes you're right I did 5 minutes and I've never hidden that, it's in my profile for all to see your's however is empty. I saw enough violence mate and not just in the grots, it got pretty agro at Arbroath station trying to get on those southbound trains you know.
You seem very protective of Steve, do you have a deal or is it something more deep and meaningful?
NZB

quin

Midshipman
Nah' NZB, old green room has a loyal squaddie out there so it could be him, a good bloke by all accounts though if it is him.
Woof' Bindu.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Oh dear do I need to watch my back, hoards of ex kick boxing mates of GD coming to sort me out.
Oh well I've lived a good life and for my pi$$ taking and lack of time in the Corps I'm ready to meet my maker, please just make it quick, anything but having to read another rant from Mr Angry of W.A :lol: .
He should get his blood pressure checked out or cut down on the VB or perhaps like GD he could write his autobiography to vent his demons, bet it would be just as good as GD's efforts too :wink: .
Keep smiling Bindu
NZB

Greendeath

Lantern Swinger
My story is based on fact. What I wrote about I did, what happened during my career happened. Lets not pretend any different. You only need to look through all the threads in the attached link to see through all the denial bollocks. Please note those who served with me, support my story.

As for my time in Thailand. Maybe you had an easy run after you left the Corps. Unfortunately I didn't. I was still a mad bassard and very much a bootneck for a long time. Also: my short temper made me almost unemployable in the North East. Just like in the Corps I didn't tollerate fools easily. Consequently, I had to look for work abroad. Hence the reason I ended up in Thailand and a good number of other places too. The antics didn't cease either and I fought long and hard to move away from the aggression that always seemed to come bursting through in various situations.

When I fought in the boxing rings in Thailand, I did it because I had no money to support my family. Boxing and indeed fighting was something I became good at during my time in the Corps. It was my journey into Ninjutsu that eventually allowed me to calm down, because in this martial art aggression is a sign of weakness.

The fire now stays in the background and these years on I'm in control.

Take a couple of days and blast through these threads. It may settle your mind. Then again, may be not. Who cares.

http://archive.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/2005/12/16/214137.html

http://civviestreet.proboards19.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1168647645
Regards

Steve

ps: Like I said. Read the second book. You could even get it from the library. It may answer some of your questions.

This is my first post on the site on a subject that is V close to my heart and would like to take the oppertunity to say hello.
Bullying or institutionalised intimidation? the draconion and antiquated idea that disipline should come in the form of "beastings" is way past its sell buy date! We in the Corps are constantly reminded of what others have done and are expected to live up to those expectations, from wars, conficts, operational tours to 365A's and 141's. the reality is, that as young boys we are broken down and wow yes even as billy bootnecks manipulated into a KILLING machine! the fact that we have so much pressure and stress on young shoulders can only eek out at some stage, although in my experiences with Perc, Royal has a much longer tolerance and a much shorter flash to bang time!!
bullying is relative to the individual, from verbal abuse to sticking chair legs up peoples dirty sheriffs badges to War itself. in this society unless people are willing to break the circles the abused will become the abuser!!! not once have i seen through all the posts on this issue is the mention of the scarey four letter word PTSD???

yours aye Marti!!

quin

Midshipman
MTTF no probs mate, at times I have suffered quite badly from the dreaded PTSD but most times it is asleep.

Greendeath

Lantern Swinger
I think, in reality ,most of us suffer from PTSD in one form or another, some worse that others. The sad thing is, there was very little help available for this some years ago and apparently, even less now.

A number of former servicemen recently highlighed this to the government during a demonstration march in London recently. In May a programme about this will be screened by the BBC.

Regards

Steve

Bungay

Midshipman
Hook line and sinker,I thinkHa! Ha!

Just for your info NZB and Quin.
Never met Steve or served with him.
But I have got to know him and talk on the phone now and again.
Hes a top bloke.
He is the kind off bootneck I would have been happy to serve with.
IE one who would stand by his mates in all situations,not stab them in the back and make accusations without knowing the guy.
I was one of his bigger critics at first.
then i got to talking with him and also read his books again,then things started to ring bells.
So dont judge a book by its cover,get to know him and then your rose coulered glasses will come off as well

theGimpMK2

Lantern Swinger
I'm of the opinion that Green dick is posting with multiple profiles.

Read your 1st book, pile of toss, declined the offer to read your 2nd as it was launched at me by royal who served with you (45), his opinion

WHAT A FEED OF sHIT

Don't give this nobber the oxygen of publicity
theGimpMK2 OUT

Greendeath

Lantern Swinger
I think you'll find Bungay is from OZ. So you can shove your double identity bollocks up your arse. I also think you're talking rubbish about an oppo from 45, who served with me. If he was in Yankee Company at the same time as me. He'd remember the type of behaviour that was going on.

Bailborg Served with me at that time. Your friend MUST know him too!!
His comments are recorded on the Once A Marine site. Some of which are as follows:

Those who were in 45 during the time mentioned will of course remember the attempt to burn the CO's house down. Other officers living in virtual fear of some of their marines. Joy riders who took the unit ambulance and crashed it into Y Coys grots where it caught fire. The late night driving and setting fire to cars on the airfield. The blokes who departed for a career in the French Foreign Legion. Others going AWOL. The fighting down town with the casuals that resulted in a number of marines (some friends of mine) been seriously injured. Been banned from going ashore. Been banned from some pubs. Unit cells full some weekends.

(I didn't write about these ones, but they happened) (I stuck to what happened to me or what I did or saw)

Also: Zulu86 wrote this one.

Steve,

I have verified previously that these events did go on in 45 during the eighties, they were wild times. Sometimes it went too far but I dont recall anyone being seriously hurt.

The unit had a large %age of Pub Commandos at the time. I was only an eighties (81-89)Marine so I dont know it it was any different from any other era. My guess is probably not, maybe a little.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second book covers the following 13 years after I left the Corps so you seem off track with that. The transition from being a bootneck to a normal everyday civilian is not easy for everybody. You'd be surprised with the amount of people whom I've heard from who have or are experiencing problems adapting to civvy street.

Cheers

Steve