a wee question

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by rigpig1, Mar 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is Greendeath who he says he is ?? Regarding the books ???

2. Apparently, can't see why anyone else would want credit for it. :mrgreen:

3. Oh NZ you are droll!

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

and me and NZ are ex gigalos if you know anyone who needs servicing.....

5. I had a word with my Morag and she says you are fine to come and see to her Blobs but NZ is a non starter cos of his affection for Merinos. She thinks Merinos are stuck up, even worse than the Taffies.

Pol :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol:

6. wet_blobby

be there dreckly POL

7. wet_blobby

if it turns a buck good luck.

8. Many thanks for that. However, I actually wrote my books to put my demons to rest and the idea worked immenseley.

Currently I'm in the throws of completing a novel. It has a purpose, but I guess it would be nice to make a success of it.

Cheers

Greendeath

Aka: Steven Preece

9. wet_blobby

I just dressed up in latex :shock:

10. I like to wear latex as well !! But back to my original question.

If he is indeed who he says he is why in this quote below from one of his posts does he wite it as if some one else wrote the book ???
    Why not say "In my second book" and "Maybe i should just stick with the ale"
    The plot thickens !!!! :???:

11. The plot doesn't thicken. That was a red herring. However, at least you pinged it a few months later.

Someone was supposed to ping Greendeath. My fighting name in the boxing rings of thailand in my second book. There ya go!!!

Cheers

Steve

12. wet_blobby

Greendeath...steve,

For what its worth I think your book is absoloutley shite, it makes a mockery of the Marines, I joined around the same time as you so dont give me any of the "you know nuffing" shite.

However if it has enabled you to make a few quid and earn a living, then mate I'm fully behind you. If some daft civvy thinks this is the way the corps conducts itself then they deserved to be fleeced, after all haven't we all had a shag on the back of being a white line painter?

Greendeath, more people seem to have read your book than the joining up litarature (fcuk the spelling) You must now carry some responsabilaty towards the young thrusters who want to join, be a good teddy bear and tell them its a crock of shite and the queen of sheba awaits them when they sign the dotted line........

13. Greendeath for your info I work in a library in NZ, the Librarian responsible for purchasing military non-fiction asked me for my opinion of your work and I said,after reading it " Don't buy it , it panders to the lowest common denominator and has little literary merit." So sorry but I lost you a sale!
    Aye Ian. :mrgreen: :twisted:

14. My books are based on fact. Sure I argued the toss and walked the walk amongst the former marines, but those who caused the stir didn't serve with me. Those who did serve with me stood by my story. If you've got a spare couple of days read all the threads via the link below and the associated links to other threads. Use the pages button on the bottom left hand side to flick through the pages.

If you don't like it tough. I wrote it the way it happened and stood firmly by what I wrote. I proved the majority of what I wrote via these threads. Unless you're blind of course, you'll see what I mean.

Heres the link: http://civviestreet.proboards19.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1168647645

Cheers

Steven Preece
    aka: Greendeath

15. Yes he is who he says he is!!!!

16. Greendeath, if writing these books helps you clear your demons and earns you a bit extra on the side then fair play. Everyone will have their own opinion of them but, until they write their own books, who cares. Good on ya, be it fact or fiction you are are doing something for yourself and that can only be a good thing.

17. Cheers mate. Its fact alright. The problem was that some people can't handle the truth and want to paint a rosey picture of us lot being dead nice and all that. Generally we are, until someone presses the wrong button!

Unfortunately, life isn't that sweet, bootnecks are aggressive and friction amongst the ranks was inevitable or even the norm at times.

Also, you'd be surprised at the number of new oppos I've made since the release of my books. They're from all across the world. The majority are former bootnecks from various eras who are on the same wavelength. In reality, although I was a handful, there were many like me. I'm just the one who chose to write about it.

I honestly, didn't write the first two books for dosh.

However, currently, I'm working on a novel and this one I am writing to make some dosh. Fingers crossed and all that.

All the best

Steven Preece
    Greendeath

18. You are still full of shite preecy, you painted a dark picture of your time in the corps all viewed from your neurotic viewpoint of life learned from your old man laying into you as a kid when on the piss . And when putting the nut in it was your way of saying "i'm as good as you mate" ,but I bet you chose your targets all the same mate, you would have had your fists bitten off and spat back at you had you practiced some of your punchy stuff on some of the 45 that I served with.In your book you miss out on telling what a great experience it was just serving with most of the blokes ,a life full of laughter, piss taking wind ups, and the sun actually shining, not all ferking gloom and doom as you wrote it.You place great store on telling the truth of your life in the corps without wearing rose coloured glasses, well why dont you tell the truth that you were never in a real fire fight in the corps all smoke and mirrors the only fights that you were involved in was when you had a skinfull of booze.Prat!! You are a disgrace to the corps.

19. You're talking out of your backside mate.

I stated at the outset about the side of the story I was about to tell. After the midnight shake I received from the plank whom I met some years later I never tollerated fools again and I later took my retribution. However, the start of my career had everything to do with the violence that followed over the years.

As for anything else, I never chose my targets, I took on those who came at me. May be you were wearing blinkers. Like I mentioned in the book, I was a handful, but there others who were tougher than I was. However, just like them, I feared no one and never backed down.

As for the disgrace crap. Bollocks. There were loads of bootnecks like me at the time. May be you were one of the nice little boyz who stayed out of the way. May be not. Who knows, who cares.

However, like I said. I wrote that side of life the way it happened. I also wrote my second book the way it happened and explained in it why I wrote the first.

That's it really.

Please note: In my second book, I did mention what a pleasure it was serving with my oppos and fellow bootnecks and also how much I missed being part of them as they years went on. Get a copy from the library. You may even agree it fills in a lot of the gaps.

Also: You'd be surprised at how many young potential marines have emailed me about my books. The one thing that seemed to stand out the most to them was the comradeship of the marines and the fact that no matter what happened they were always there to back you up. Some of them said they were inspired by this, so I guess something good has come out of it. Others enjoyed my second book. However, all in all, a lot of them are joining or have joined the Corps now so I guess the whole scenario has ended on a positive note.

Cheers

Steve