A typical "fast track rating"

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Apple_Catchers, Apr 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good.

Arrogant cunt.

• Like Like x 3
  2. 7 and a bit years to CPO Wow you must have oodles of experience..Not.:laughing9:

3. Ok fair do's mate. :worship:

4. Erm, 7 3/4 to CPO suggests 7 3/4 years in.

Even to a racist cunt.

5. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Christ, can't hear a thing - deafened by the sound of some tool blowing his own trumpet

6. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Not that I'm, bothered but it might be or AC might have maths problems give his previous, equally unabashed, post:

"8 Years and 8 months from joining to getting my buttons, perks of being a "Tiff" I suppose. :wink:. If I can do it then anything is possible (apart from a no direct entry Artificers anymore). However I do know of AET's being selected for LAET's course after only three years service so there still is a fast track route. The world is your oyster!!!."

Bored now...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  7. To get to CPO in less than 8 years AC is either a Tiff or has a rather large Brown Nose.
    Perhaps he was one of those who decided to go for Occifer and had the papers raised, then like many others once his B13 for CPO came through decided that life in the wardrobe was not for him, thus blocking the CPO roster for more suitable personnel

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

What the fuck took you so long?

I went:

Junior Marine
    Recruit
    Marine 3rd class
    Marine 2nd class
    Marine 1st class ( c)
    Marine 1st Class ( B )
    Marine 1st Class ( A )

I bulked at the lance jack stripe, got offered it but turned it down. It was to soon and would only have been wasted on me, senior Marine was good enough.

7 promotions in 4 years before I hit my glass ceiling. I was happy to stay as Marine 1st class, I'd earn't that.

Now, that's a rank worthy of blowing your own trumpet about. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Apple Catchers has been in about 14 years and 9 months. He's been bragging elsewhere, the sprog c0ck. Reference the young chap in the linked article, it may not occur to the self obsessed OP that not everyone wants or needs to have rank and status.

Abuse welcome? Not in Current Affairs.

• Like Like x 1

10. Bravo Blobs, Bravo!

You are far too humble Royal, you forgot to mention you were also the proud receipitant of the Herbert Lott award.
    sent from my mobile device using crappa talk and sausage fingers

11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

How to make yourself look like a cock in one easy thread.

£42500 *snigger

12. I doubt he had to work at it, methinks it is a natural phenomena...:tool:

13. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Apple Catchers wrote

I'll let you into a secret. The bloke in my avatar isn't me nor is he representative of any status I've ever enjoyed or aspired to but I wouldn't dis those who do. My alternative avatars are Admiral Beatty (not me either) and the Old Man in 'Das Boot'. I'm not even a submariner. On the otherhand, your avatar is of an underpant.

• Like Like x 2
  14. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Now that's just scandalous. Break out the 'cat o' nine tails' Coxswain.

Seadog's real avatar,

[​IMG]

15. I bet they love him in the chiefs mess:worship::tool:

16. 33 years as a damn JR good on him. The days of that are gone so he is I'd say last of the very few.

I knew many 22 year AB's when they were around. Many were happy at that level and good at their job.

Now you have no place hanging around. Advancement is placed above experience

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. I remember a 3 badge AB in Collingrad in the 70's, he was happy as Larry .
    Been in since Nelson was a lad and wasn't concerned about rank or rate. Did his job and got on with it.
    He reminded very much of Robert Morley in looks.

18. Well I am with 1SL on this one, 'a remarkable achievement' a real salty sea-dog if ever there was one, a special one- off medal should be struck for him.

The spelling of some of the ships on which he served is fucking abysmal but what else would one expect from the Wail.