A top heavy Navy?

D

Deleted 109853

1628163052267.png
A proliferation of these, but fewer and fewer ships and ships company lower orders for them to command?

Union Jack

Lantern Swinger
If anyone else can be bothered to respond, I suggest that they hold off until the OP comes to their senses and realises what "proliferation" actually means - it certainly isn't happening for officers of flag rank.

Jack

Tui Bird

Lantern Swinger
‎Maybe not too many Admirals , but in peacetime the ones we have don't stay long enough to gain enough experience in this highly technical age . Note the debacle in submarines in the early years after WW2. And they do like to be the peacock with the braid and often in the Press .have look at this >> http://rnsubs.co.uk/articles/development/the-silent-deep.html We had old boats , with old ASDIC and yet billions were spent on the failed HTML system . The successful P class then O class were delayed being built because of this RN Admiral's obsession wih the German failed experiment . PS I know little of carriers --could someone say why did the Admirals put oil burning propulsion in a super carrier with all the disadvantages --some one suggested to me that it was to enable them to be stationed in Japan that limits the USN to just one nuclear carrier . Whatever it smacks of a long range plan in the Far East they are not telling the British public about , getting involved once again in someone else's war and a huge debt . Rule ‎Brittania ended with considerable dignity in 1946, in this piece of history all praise to the RN Admirals and the probably the best carriers in the world .

Tex

Lantern Swinger
If anyone else can be bothered to respond, I suggest that they hold off until the OP comes to their senses and realises what "proliferation" actually means - it certainly isn't happening for officers of flag rank.

Jack
The poster should have referred to Incommensurate Proliferation of Admirals Commodores and MOD Senior Civil Servants plus innumerable salaried "Advisers"

Latest Threads