A Thank You And A Farewell

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by lloydie, Jul 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First off id like to thank everybody here on rumration for the advise and support that has been given to me through this time.
    Last week i sat and passed my interview, today i had and failed my eye test my unaided right eye was 6/120 making me a bar from entry.

Id like to say good luck to the other recruits with the selection process and to those off to raleigh soon.

A final farewell
    Lloydie

2. Unlucky mate.

Quite apt that the advert at the bottom of this thread is for laser eye surgery.

3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Bad luck there fella. However, stay on the site and just abuse people. It works for me.

4. Tough luck...... Better luck with your next career choice.

5. Farewell well Lloydie. I'm sure we all wish you success in your future endeavours.

6. Dont worry mate,

Im sure there will be a trade in the RAF open to you!

7. Indeed, Blackrat first came here in 1983 trying to join the RN as a laundry boy. Unfortunately he failed his RT and has basically hung around giving people shit ever since.

8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You lying swine.

It was 1984.

9. So how does a duff peeper stop you slinging shit?

10. Fuck off dullard.

11. Do one yourself muppet.

Lloydie, check your inbox - surgery is potentially a way forward but not recommended for everyone.

12. You think you're clever don't you cunt? He was 6/120 in one eye which according to the WHO makes him fucking blind in that eye.

In order for the Royal Navy to consider you eligible following laser eye surgery the pre-operative refractive error should not be more than +6.00 or 6.00diopter (spherical equivalent).

Get back to mllaring people's pay you shit stabbing REMF bellend.

13. I don't know why you and the other guy are getting so nasty. I didn't realise that was the case and only suggested it so he didn't have no chance of joining the Royal Navy. I suggest people like you get all the facts before you start getting all heavy when I wasn't taking the piss at all just helping.

14. Do I need to use words of 1 syllable or less? NOT REC-COM-MEN-DED FOR EV-ER-Y-ONE. Do I need to write it in big yellow crayon so you can understand? Stop being such an oxygen thief and go swing from a yardarm, at least you can serve a useful purpose by providing entertainment for a few seconds.

I have the experience of actually joining up having had laser surgery, so you're also an uninformed cunt.

Did you upset a writer and they fucked over your pay by any chance? If so. Good.

15. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

When did you ever have to upset a writer for them to **** up your pay?

16. Haha! Fair one!

Actually, it's JPA. Honest...

17. don't want to jump into this, but you said do i have to use words of one syllable or less? when you just stated the syllables in that statement?

So "NOT RIGHT FOR SOME" would better? ;)

And also, there are only 3 syllables in everyone. EV-ERY-ONE?

But who is the one getting technical? ;)

WSTB

18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

White Mafia blaming somebody else? There's a feckin' surprise... :shock:

Anyway, what are you doing online? Surely Wednesday is "Sports Make 'n' Mend Day", when the UPO shuts down and everyone has the day off at Pusser's expense? :?

19. It's the first thing we learn in training: If in doubt, blame JPA.

Sports Make 'n' Mend has been moved to Monday now, but I work in the wrong part of the dockyard to take part. Mind you, twiddling our thumbs whilst blaming JPA counts as exercise doesn't it? It's actually a pay run tomorrow, so I want to make sure my section is all correct.