A SPUR CALLED COURAGE - win a copy of this book

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, May 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A Spur Called Courage

FREE COMPETITION

This is a new book about the exploits of the Special Operations Executive (SOE) officers in Italy in World War II.

A Spur Called Courage is written by ex army officer Alan Ogden and tells the story of SOE, the work of the officers, the failures of SOE to support them fully and the operations carried out. To read the review by Untallguy go here.

There are five copies of this book to be won so have a go at this FREE competition by completing the entry form which can be found here - Entry Form. The competition will run until Saturday 11th June 2011.

Spur called courage.jpg

This competition is possible due to the generosity of Flint Marketing. A Spur Called Courage will not be published until 1 July 2011, therefore prizes won’t be sent out until the beginning of July; you have a chance to get one of the first copies off the shelf.

2. Ageing_Gracefully

73 views yet only 3 entries!!!

Come on guys, this is a good book which would grace any bookshelf (after reading!) and once again the competition comes at the right price - FREE!!

Get your entries in to have a chance to win.

3. Ageing_Gracefully

Bank Holiday bump

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I have submitted my WINNING entry

5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

And if I don't win this time, I'll be paying A_G a visit at his care home.

[​IMG]

6. Ageing_Gracefully

You and whose Navy?

7. Ageing_Gracefully

This competition closes tonight so get your entry in NOW. Remember, it comes at the correct Rum Ration price - it's FREE!

8. Ageing_Gracefully

Winners

Competition closed and winners drawn.

The answers were

a. Sir Frank Nelson
    b. Grenadier Guards
    c. Clement Atlee

And No-Duff the answer below was not sufficient to get you into the winners enclosure! :spiderman:

You should have tried harder searching Google!!! :) As I have now informed you of the answer, please go and kill yourself!

The winners, in no particular order and drawn by Annabel from FLINT marketing are:

Dizzy.chick (it was your first entry that won so no need for 2 bites at the cherry!)

ToMeToYou

dterp

HHH

Crafty_Fizz

The books will be sent out at the end of June - it is not published until 1 July. Again, we are grateful to FLINT Marketing and Quercus for the prizes.